Vacancy in a Nigerian Airline Company via Best Search
Posted on: 23 February, 2015
Deadline: 28 February, 2015
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at Best Search Recruitment
Best Search Recruitment Limited - Our Client, a Nigerian airline company operating a domestic, regional, and international flight network, is recruiting to fill the position of
- The E-Commerce manager is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and upgrading websites and web service systems for the business.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and managing all electronic commerce (EC) channels.
- Control all aspects of company's online business.
- Develop websites that will promote the brand and generate revenues.
- Define company's objectives for using electronic commerce and decide what computer applications are needed to achieve them.
- Develop marketing plans that explain how the e-commerce proposals will increase the company's business.
- Monitor the company's e-commerce strategies as they are being implemented.
- Staying up to date on any software or data management trends.
- Constructing and maintaining Web back-end systems and ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of information on the sites.
- Track online sales progress by analyzing sales statistics, conducting online traffic studies, and analyzing site data.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Operations Management, or equivalent experience. MCSE+Internet and PMI certifications are pluses.
- Minimum of 7 years of information systems and business unit experience, 5 of which are in increasing levels of responsibility in a technical management capacity and program management.
- Must have a strong ability to lead with a very strong understanding of what it takes to develop a successful e-commerce operation
- 4 or more years of team/project leadership responsibilities in a web/e-commerce environment, developing project plans and managing web-based solution delivery from implementation through to completion.
- Must possess a broad but thorough knowledge of EC and IT systems as well as comprehensive knowledge of relevant business functions and their interdependencies
- Thorough knowledge of Web technology and solutions, and experience delivering through third-party providers.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Visual Basic.
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols, configuration, network administration
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in a large organization and experience developing successful vendor relationships.
- Experience with relational databases and object oriented and event driven techniques.
- Should have the ability to work effectively with a team in a leadership position.
- The E-Commerce Manager should be in constant touch with the GM, IT; Reservation Manager; Pricing Manager, Revenue Manager, and external service providers such as PSP, GDSs, CRS.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should please forward their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Best Search RecruitmentSimilar Jobs
- Driver/Mechanic at Pete Ground Services Limited