- Develops local (sales) strategy for West Africa in close cooperation with zone management.
- Provides clear feedback to zone management on local market developments and specific needs that will drive the strategy for the area.
- Keeps abreast of competitive activities, prices, and actions.
- Secures the correct implementation and execution of pricing strategy for the region
- Supports the local sales team through shared client visits.
- Develops and sustains productive customer relationships
- Achieves the growth and margin targets for the area.
- Optimizes the sales force coverage of key client segments.
- Manages distributor(s) in the region.
- Manages, motivates and guides local sales and technical teams.
- Drives efficient project management process.
- Ensures that administrative functions such as itineraries, expense and call reports, etc., are accurately maintained;
- Provides ongoing customer support and follow-up to ensure the timely shipment of orders and customer satisfaction;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experienced commercial manager with a Bachelor in food science/technology.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in sales of food ingredients in Nigeria, flavour sales experience is a plus.
- Preferably experience from other West African markets.
- Good commercial network in Western Africa
- MBA or equivalent is a plus