Job in a Civil Engineering and Construction Company via Adexen
Posted on: 5 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated to recruit a Head of Design Coordination for its operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos or Abuja.
Our client is a civil engineering and construction company whose main focus is the construction of high quality buildings for both residential and industrial use.
The Head of Design Coordination will have overall responsibility for all production work completed by the Design team and for providing the strategic direction for the department in advancing the organization to its potential.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Production Director to produce Key Performance indicators that provide a holistic & balanced view of the team.
- Ensure that working processes (planning, testing, & documentation etc) are efficient & adhered to by the Design Team.
- Make recommendations for process improvements demonstrating regular audits and necessary amendments.
- Ensure that the Design Department is aware of trends & improvements in both techniques and technology that are relevant to the business.
- Inspire creativity throughout all design work.
- Ensure that all design work is completed to the highest standard.
- Maintain communication and relationships between design and other departments within The Company.
- Ensure quality of work produced to meet project requirements and be the point of contact for clients in situations where a high level perspective is required.
- Oversee the Design team’s output to ensure that client requirements are met and that appropriate documentation and feedback to clients on project progress is completed.
- Ensure that each Design Team member is suitably trained and developed to undertake their duties.
- Contribute to driving the company forward in areas such as new products, technologies and/or processes.
- Work to develop expertise within the department in key areas such as creativity, flash/active script/ content.
- Have a working knowledge of practices and opportunities across the digital spectrum and applicable to a client’s requirements.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Design Production processes and procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Civil/Structural Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of related construction and project management experience
- Demonstrate a high level portfolio of work and design knowledge.
- Experience in developing design processes and inspiring innovative approaches.
- Relevant management skills qualification/training
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills including time management, planning, meeting deadlines, setting objectives
- Ability to develop design processes and procedures to meet the needs of the business for now and future
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members and other colleagues.
- Ability to develop strong internal/external client relationships
- Fluent English
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Efficacy Construction Company
- Computer Operators at a Reputable Building Materials Company - Padoserve Limited (3 Positions)
- Jobs at O'Spaces Nigeria Limited
- Latest Jobs at Kranite Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Eliezer Workplace Management Limited
- Job Vacancy at Randstad Construction Property Engineering Company
- Career Opportunities at Deloitte