Finance Manager at John Holt
Posted on: 3 February, 2015
Deadline: 6 February, 2015
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at John Holt
John Holt Plc - What is today a giant business group was in fact the pioneering effort of one man. The story began in 1862 when John Holt, just under 21 years old, with £27 in his pocket, sailed from Liverpool to take up appointment as a shop assistant in a grocery store in Fernando Po (now Equitorial Guinea). Five years later, he bought out his employer and subsequently built up a produce trade with the Delta Ports. Palm Oil, Palm Kernels, Rubber and Cocoa were exported to England. Imports included textiles from Lancashire and bicycles from Birmingham. In 1897, John Holt established his first VENTURE in Lagos.
John Holt & Company (Liverpool) Limited was incorporated in 1897. In 1961 the company was incorporated in Nigeria as John Holt Limited. It became a public company and was quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in May, 1974.
John Holt Limited is recruiting to fill the position of Finance Manager
- The key performance measure is the accuracy and timeliness of completing transactions, posting the transactions and generating required reports.
- Proper monitoring of cash inflow and outflow and preparation of daily cash report.
- Monitoring of import and local facility obligations.
- Costing of imports.
- Management of LC transactions.
- Management of payments.
- Ensuring that bank accounts are under control.
- Administering the ledger accounts relating to the above deliverables.
- Interfacing with the banks/financiers.
- Training and supervision of staff.
- Any other function as may be necessary.
- ACCA or ICAN qualified.
- Not less than 7 years post qualification experience.
- Vast experience in import transactions and international trade. Must have, for not less than three years, headed treasury/accounts involved in import, LC and forex transactions.
- Fair and firm manager of employees to achieve results with a sense of urgency.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about John HoltSimilar Jobs
- Off Grid Mobile Finance Access Advisor at Tetra Tech
- Job Vacancies at Hausba Smarthomes Limited
- General Manager- Administration at Hamilton Lloyd And Associates
- Storekeepers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Executives at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Chief Information Officers at Fircroft Nigeria
- Business Development Managers at Pedini-Bosch Nigeria Limited
- Marketing Executives at McDorsey Service Company Limited