Our Client, a major player in the financial services industry with strong footprint in the retail and corporate banking sector is rapidly expanding their branch network and is looking to hire a new crop of leaders with a depth of experience in the banking sector working as branch managers.
Workforce Management Centre Limited has been engaged to help source and select highly skilled professionals who meet the minimum expectation of the organisation.
Our Preferred Candidate:
1) Must demonstrate clear and in-depth understanding of Critical Success Factors (CSFs) for managing an effective branch.
2) Must have a track record of building and running high performing branches.
3) Must have a track record of transforming a poor performing branch to a high performing branch.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service bank branch, including lending, product sales, customer service, security, safety and employee management, in accordance with the Bank's objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Branch Performance Management – Establish and communicate branch performance standards, monitor and facilitate the business performance of branch office whilst ensuring superior and effective delivery of maximum returns to all stakeholders.
- Business Development & Customer Relationship Management - Accountable for driving new client acquisition and retention, growing market share and branch balance sheet, non-interest income, etc. and fostering client satisfaction to meet or exceed branch sales and service goals.
- Risk Management - Accountable for management of risk assets, operational risk management, branch operations and compliance by providing direction and guidance to branch staff on operational/regulatory procedures for the branch in compliance with the Bank’s established parameters.
- People Management & Development – Responsible for managing, staffing and scheduling all direct reports within the branch. Also responsible for recommending training and recognising/ rewarding the performance of branch staff.
- Ensure satisfactory branch audits; review and certify completion of continuity and recovery activities; ensure the branch focuses on operational processes to enhance the client experience.
- Report and follow up on branch facility issues that hinder branch operation.
- Ensure Branch financial goals are met or exceeded.
- 12 years banking experience (with 8 years been spent in branch/relationship management, 4 years in operations, 3 years in credit processing)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach teams successfully
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Financial sector
- Excellent problem solving, decision making skills and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Centres of Influence (COIs) to further promote Bank business
- Ability to interact with business partners and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate e.g. must possess strong public speaking skills
- An MBA and relevant professional certifications are added advantages
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online within 2 weeks of the publication. Only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted.