MAMA Global is hiring a Program Manager to provide operational and project management support for its activities in coordinating the strategy to achieve the goals of the MAMA Nigeria initiative.
About MAMA: Mobile Alliance for Maternal Action is a public private partnership between USAID, Johnson & Johnson, the United Nations Foundation and Baby Center. MAMA delivers vital health information directly to new and expectant mothers living in poverty, to their mobile phones. MAMA’s highly localized information is written by global health experts and corresponds to the stage of the woman’s pregnancy or the developmental age of her child. Using the best format for the individual subscriber, MAMA messages empower women to make the best decisions for themselves and their families. MAMA brings together leaders in the corporate, NGO, government and tech sectors, harnessing their strengths and resources to help those most in need. Deliberately focused on countries where high maternal, newborn and child health needs intersect with broad availability of mobile phones, MAMA has customized programs in Bangladesh, South Africa, and India with Nigeria launching in 2015.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational support for MAMA Nigeria and lead day-to-day internal management and event planning/logistics.
- Provide logistical and technical support to the program implementation by reviewing quarterly project workplans and proposing corrective actions, as necessary and summarize all reports from the various implementing partners.
- Oversee the planning and tracking of work streams and specified deliverables, including managing/updating the MAMA Nigeria detailed work plan, which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Provide operational support for stakeholder meetings and working group activities, discussions, and priorities.
- Coordinate progress with consultants and external teams to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Support budgeting, documentation and reporting activities for the Various Funders engagement in MAMA Nigeria.
- Facilitate program financial management by reviewing and participating in the processing of requests for advances and direct payments.
- Support knowledge management and online collaborative activities within MAMA Nigeria including managing online collaboration and document sharing tools/platforms.
- Be prepared to travel in country & internationally.
- Maintain working relationships with the various partners & stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relevant Post -NGC degree plus at least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a national or international organization related to Public health. Relevant Master’s degree or project management qualification is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team atmosphere and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of Nigeria's health sector and key stakeholders in government, the private sector and international development community is essential.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally while driving progress toward defined objectives and holding staff accountable.
- Self-starter with the ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive projects from conceptualization to inception to implementation.
- High degree of professionalism, along with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required, with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrable experience in using project management software and online collaboration tools.