Management consultancy, Water, International Development
Mott MacDonald’s International Development Division (IDD) seeks to identify Senior Experts in the field of Integrated Coastal Zone Management and Coastal Systems for upcoming projects in 2015.
Possible roles could be Coastal Environmental Planner/Specialist, Coastal Geomorphologist, Coastal Engineer, Coastal Hydro-dynamic Modeller, Institutional specialist coastal zone planning.
A successful candidate will be part of our shortlist for upcoming projects in coastal zone management, and will be contacted when relevant project possibilities arise.
The International Development Division (IDD) of Mott MacDonald operates as three separate sub-divisions within the international development arena, two sub-divisions (IDE and IDB) are based in the Netherlands and the third (IDC) in the UK. Based on our joint expertise we are able to provide our customers with a broad range of international development services.
International Development Euroconsult (IDE) provides specialist assistance for any type or size of water and natural resources management project from formulation through to execution. Services range from one-man missions to multi-skilled teams, with the project period varying from a few days to several years.
IDD recruits for a wide range of project assignments in the area of International Development. We are involved in 90 projects in more than 30 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We work for international funding institutions such as the EU, World Bank, DFID and African and Asian Development Bank. We continuously tender for new projects and are frequently looking for additional/replacement staff on existing projects (long and short term).
The candidate will have:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in coastal zone management, coastal engineering or coastal zone planning (possibly partly in related fields like harbour management, urban planning, hydro-dynamics, marine ecology and/or flood management).
- A relevant Master degree in for example Coastal Systems, (Coastal) Environmental planning, Integrated Coastal Zone Management, Oceanography, Coastal Geomorphology, Marine Engineering, Marine Ecology, Water Resource Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- Experience with IFIs funded projects (ADB, WB, EU)
- Experience in coastal countries in Asia and Africa, like Bangladesh, India, Indonesia or Egypt.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably capabilities in other languages.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams as a consultant.
Method of Application
Interested? click here to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.