Current Job Offer at Hewlett Packard (HP)
Posted on: 4 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Hewlett Packard - HP
Hewlett Packard (HP) is the largest technology solutions provider in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and worldwide. The company's offerings span from IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices to global services, imaging and printing. Our customers are virtually everybody: consumers, small and medium sized companies, large corporations as well as Government institutions.
HP is recruiting to fill the position of:
Ref Number: 1342612
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs and evaluates relative HP strengths.
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Anticipates and plans for competitive threats.
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region.
- Represents HP as technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Typically 5 years of experience in pre-sales design and technical consultative selling.
- Technical and/or solution experience in generating proposals within the mission critical systems domain.
- Experience in vertical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of HP's technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies.
- Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge.
- Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
- Solid credibility with HP's business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions.
- Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects.
- Has a high level understanding of the HP product roadmaps for multiple BU's, and deep knowledge in area of specialization.
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology.
- Leverages financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts in demonstrating business value of proposed solutions to customers.
- Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals.
- Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management.
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges.
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives.
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage for HP.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hewlett Packard - HPSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Role at General Electric (GE)
- Accountant at a Technology Driven Company - Culminate Consulting
- Media Content Producer at Andela
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at Savics
- Group Head Of New Business at Signal Alliance
- Fresh Jobs at General Electric (GE)
- Graduate Marketing Executive At Swiftmatrix Limited
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Internet Solutions Nigeria Limited (ISN)