Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. Oracle's product strategy provides flexibility and choice to our customers across their IT infrastructure. Now, with Sun server, storage, operating-system, and virtualization technology, Oracle is the only vendor able to offer a complete technology stack in which every layer is integrated to work together as a single system. In addition, Oracle's open architecture and multiple operating-system options gives our customers unmatched benefits from industry-leading products, including excellent system availability, scalability, energy efficiency, powerful performance, and low total cost of ownership.
- · Reports to Core Technology MRD Sales director
- · Individual contributor able to lead the activities of virtual teams in support of customers
- · Works in designated named list of accounts where Oracle would like to penetrate or grow our presence
- · Works with other Lines of Business (LOBs)
- · Works towards an allocated License Sales Revenue target
- · Winning new license sales revenue in line with targets
- · Developing a strategy and sales plan to address the designated accounts in the MRD industry sector
- · Developing profiles of targeted accounts within the industry sector
- · Defining appropriate Enterprise Sales Industry Value Propositions
- · Driving the implementation of sales and marketing campaigns
- · Generating and following up on leads
- · Qualifying leads and prioritizing opportunities
- · Marshalling internal and Partner resources to conduct campaigns
- · Identifying and working with the appropriate people in Oracle and the Customer
- · Developing, extending and maintaining relationships with the appropriate staff
- · Facilitating and nurturing Management relationships to generate active sponsorship of Oracle
- · Maintaining an understanding of Oracle's strategic direction and interpreting its relevance to the industry sector
- · Maintaining an awareness of Oracle's current and future application/technology products and services
- · Maintaining an understanding of competitive activity relevant to their sectors and area.
- · Research and communicate current industry trends, drivers and potential
- · Translate Oracle's Strategy and Marketing Messages to the market
- · Create Value Propositions and communicate the benefits of these to the market
- · Design sales and marketing campaigns and put teams and task forces together to deliver them
- · Work with appropriate people to co-ordinate marketing activities in order to generate leads
- · Generate and manage bids teams
- · Produce an accurate weekly forecast and pipeline through Oracle Global CRM (GCM)
- · Build and maintain effective relationships with other Oracle LOBs to ensure resources are made available as and when required
- · Establish and maintain contractual agreements between Oracle and the Customers
- · Maintain contact with accounts through technology implementation
- · Operate in line with Oracle's business processes and procedures
- · Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations
- · Minimum 7 years experience in IT sales
- · Proven track record in Sales within the territory
- · Good experience /knowledge of key accounts within the area.
- · Experience with local partners
go to method of application »
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business.
- Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
- As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions.
- Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants.
- Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations.
- Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process.
- Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience.
- 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools.
- Ability to implement the most advanced product features.
- Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- A BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.