If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is the leading provider of pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications. With customers in 43 sub-Saharan markets, they offer business communications services to regional and multinational corporations operating across the continent, connecting over 1200 of the continent’s largest and leading corporations. Their Nigerian office seeks to fill the position of a Business Development /Line Manager, below is a detailed description of the role.
Reporting to: EHOD BDG
Manage teams and responsible for achieving revenue and order booking targets for the team and developing strong relationships with VBN customers at various levels (CEO, CFO, CIO and Business unit leaders).
• Ensures delivery of team’s financial targets including revenue, market share and net margin contribution
• Business development of VBN enterprise business across the Financial, Insurance, IT and Benin and Ibadan Region.
• Revenue generation: To sell VBN’s services to defined target markets, ensuring that the needs of the markets are adequately met by VBN’s services- by acquiring new clients, prospecting, lead generation and qualifying.
• Responsible for understanding and anticipating customer requirement, mapping competition and positioning VBN’s enterprise service as the preferred service provider for the client.
• Providing top of the line services through an account management team and ensure a higher revenue market share and customer satisfaction for the account.
• Establishes appropriate relationships with the company customers and leverages those relationships to win new business
• Manage escalations between various departments and VBN customers effectively resolving issues that may arise in the course of the business.
• Measuring and manages each team members sales performance against objectives.
• Ensure team’s reports are communicated to EHOD as at when due.
• Ensure an updated account plans are developed and updated for key accounts.
• C Level client relationship management to uncover new opportunities and grow existing business.
• Work actively with the product development team in new product development
• Liaise with revenue assurance team and receivable team to ensure customers pay for VBN services as at when due.
• Account retention and control churn.
Communications and Work Relationships:
Innovation and change
• Acts as voice of the customer within the company to ensure that customers views and needs influence our marketing mix including product / proposition
• Supported by Innovation Workshops and Forums, introduces new products and propositions to key decision makers within the customer through relationship and stakeholder management at C level within all key customers. Understands up front through engagement at the right business level the customer’s strategic and operational issues.
• Actively participate in preparation of customer meetings designed for customer C level
• Keep updated account plans and proactively communicate VBN strategy to team to ensure alignment and awareness of VBN strategy.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency requirements:
• Deep understanding of the customers’ business, its market and industry alongside key decision-makers and influencers in account organisation
• Account Plan which is shared within the company and ideally with customer
• Set-up long-term relationship strategy including involvement of the company C-levels; this includes C-level briefings and de-briefings
• For each relevant top tier opportunity a Winning Complex Sales (WCS)) opportunity roadmap
• Setup and maintain Share-of-Wallet report together with customer contracts and expirations
Job Related Skills:
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Strategic and people management.
• Excellent team leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Proven sales and business networking skills.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills.
• Attention to details
Qualification & Experience:
• Minimum of a university degree
• An MBA will be of added advantage with Previous experience of 8 years + sales experience successful key accounts/enterprise solution selling preferably in the telecoms industry.
• Experience in managing strategic business will be of advantage
• Demonstrated ability to influence at C-level and deep work experience in Telecommunications / IT Industry is required
Method of Application
Only qualified candidates should forward an updated version of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Kindly indicate title of the job as subject of the mail. Please read carefully.