Job in a Global Leader in the Supply of Automation Solutions to the Downstream Oil & Gas Sector.
Posted on: 31 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Human Capital Solutions
Human Capital Solutions is a boutique consultancy working with a select number of clients who require Middle East project recruitment solutions. We specialize in providing executive search level delivery for a a fair, success only fee structure that many local contingent recruiters would fail to match!
About the role
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for driving sales objectives and developing business opportunities throughout Nigeria.
The Key Account Manager will manage and support the company’s sales channels and distributor channels throughout Nigeria. They will be hands-on involved in sales activity including lead generation, on-site meetings with customers and prospects, coordinating networking events and staffing trade shows.
- Build, maintain and strengthen high commitment relationships with distributors by understanding their market conditions and business objectives
- Conduct frequent action plan and sales metric reviews with GVR channel partners to enable effective measurement of success and to ensure the team is focused on sales growth and customer service excellence
- Motivate distributors with effective management of incentive schemes and programmes (bonus schemes, marketing support, free training, etc.)
- Provide guidance to Territory and Country managers regarding distribution sales
- Continuously assess channel strategies and partner selection for each market (developing current partners further and recruiting new ones as necessary)
- Ensure diligent and timely negotiation for renewing contract/compliance agreements with existing partners, and the same for adding new partners
- Drive and maintain full compliance with Group policies and international laws relevant to channel management, in particular export control and anti-corruption regulations
- Support distribution marketing and training events for the EMEA region (particular the EMEA distributor conference and country trade shows)
- Collaborate with marketing and product managers to develop marketing initiatives for distributor needs, in particular the distributor extra-net, sales and technical training events, marketing materials, payment terms, and a regular Distributor Newsletter
- Assist Regional Territory Manager to drive the sales efforts across Key customer accounts as well as key independent fuel retailers and commercial customers
Location and Salary
- The position will be based in Lagos although regular travel across EMEA region will be required
- The position will command a generous tax-free salary + bonus plan + benefits package
Desired Skills and Experience
- Nigerian National
- Bachelors Degree (MBA or Masters preferred)
- At least five years in middle sales management and strategy, with experience in Nigeria
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience managing indirect sales channels
- Clear concept of the culture necessary to build a highly developed indirect sales organization, with the motivation and ability to build and drive partners to increase sales
- Fluent in English to the degree that complex negotiations can be mastered
- Extremely well-organized and -structured
- Well-spoken, at ease in social situations, well-mannered, professional appearance
- Strategic thinker, able to form a vision/path and drive the organization towards it
- Leader, but also able to work in teams and get group buy-in
- Well-structured and organized, focuses on the critical few
- Hungry for business: strong growth/achievement orientation
- Energetic, bright, and articulate with good communication and presentation skills
- Commercially astute with an ability to spot an opportunity
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candiates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Human Capital SolutionsSimilar Jobs
- General Ledger (GL) Accountants at Machineyard.
- Warehouse Manager at Nigerdock
- Graduate Cartoonists/Graphics Illustrators at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Career Opportunities at Machineyard
- Sales Managers at MAN Diesel Turbo
- Channel Business Managers at Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS)
- Job Vacancies at TRANOS
- Job Vacancies at Aldelia Limited