country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
Responsible for working to improve the company’s market position including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with defining long-term organizational strategic goals;
- Set sales targets;
- Building key customer relationships;
- Identifying business opportunities;
- Networking, cold calling;
- Assisting with advertising;
- Generating interest from potential clients;
- Develop persuasive approaches and pitches to potential clients;
- Assisting in negotiating and closing business deals;
- Maintaining an extensive knowledge of current market conditions;
- Assist with growth and retaining existing key accounts / relationships with clients;
- Collect intelligence on company’s competitors.
- Actively and visibly promote the company, The Jagal Group and other Jagal Group Companies;
- Increase company turnover;
- Manage Business Development effectively across the Company;
- Maintain a Professional Relationship with Clients;
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the company capabilities and capacity;
- Promote Discipline, Professional conduct and respect across the Company;
- Maintain high standards in documentation submitted to Clients;
- Maintain a professional relationship with company departments and functions;
- Set a professional example to all Company staff;
- Identify and seek support from the Managing Director where this is required to achieve Business Development success.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization;
- Research and build relationships with new clients;
- Work with Jagal Group in researching new clients;
- Build a database of target opportunities (clients and projects);
- Identify any new ventures or services that could compliment the company’s service offer;
- Research competitors and their approach to clients;
- Obtain competitor intelligence to compare their business development approach to clients;
- Where possible obtain comparative information on competitor pricing levels in comparison with the company;
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends;
- Research media that can be used in any marketing campaign
Business Development Planning
- · Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- · Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- · Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and opportunity channels.
- · Submit monthly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- · Forecast sales targets
- · Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- · Develop marketing literature that helps to explain the company’s values, experience, capability and capacity.
- · Tailor marketing literature to suite particular client organisations.
New Business Development
- · Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- · Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- · Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- · Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- · Plan approaches and pitches to Clients.
- · Work with senior manages of the company to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- · Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- · Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- · Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- · Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- · Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- · Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- · Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- · Promote the Company at all times.
- · Promote a professional work ethic amongst all staff.
- · Comply with all JNL policies, processes and procedures.
- · Identify deficiencies in any company process and procedures and implement remedies.
- · Ensure that issues of non-compliance are dealt with effectively.
- · Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- · Maintain accurate and professional records.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- · Increase in number of new clients.
- · Increase in quality and quantity of market intelligence.
- · Increase in ratio of successful tenders.
- · Positive feedback from clients.
- · Repeat business from clients.
- · Professional management approach and example set to other staff.
- · Positive Feedback from interaction of Operations with other Company departments.
go to method of application »
- · Ensure that pest infestations are prevented whenever possible and controlled when necessary using cost effective methods that minimize environmental impact.
Key aims and objectives
- · Carry Out Pest Control When Required
- · Be safe at all times
- · Carry Out Pest investigation on ND Site areas
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- · Carry out fumigation/pest control for all types of pest in conjunction with the Safety Supervisor
- · Carry out fumigation in a safe manner and report to management any potential risks before carrying out required work
- · Estimation/inspection of insect and rodent contamination in required building
- · Any other manual tasks set by supervisor
- · Clean all equipment after use
- · Wear correct PPE for all types of pest control
- · Defect reporting to Supervisor
- · Report for duty on time as per daily shift roster
- · Maintain a high standard of hygiene at all times and ensure that you clean as you go, especially at the end of each shift
- · Enforces safety requirements and models safe behavior
- · Demonstrates team building and leadership skills
- · Attends and participates in training activities and attends meetings as required
- · Ensures security of departmental equipment and inventory
- · Ensures Company confidentiality
- · Performs other duties as assigned by the Housing Management
- · Any other duties as required by management
Key Internal Interfaces:
Key Internal Interfaces:
- · Clients and their Representatives
- · Diploma or Degree – Supply Chain Management or equivalent level, demonstrated through life
- · Good organisational and time management skills combined with a good level of initiative
- · Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on clean as you go
- · Trustworthy
- · Firm understanding of COSHH
- · Good communication and interpersonal skills
- · Ability to be on feet on hard surface for long periods of time
- · Ability to work in a busy, stressful environment with extreme changes of temperature.
- · Ability to utilise time efficiently to meet all job responsibilities.
- · Must be able to read and write
go to method of application »
Provide support for O&G businesses to ensure 100% compliance in all cases. The role is a one stop shop for all enquiries revolving around exceptions and ensure processes are complied with for National Content Development
- Formulate in consultation with the Corporate Affairs and Government Relations Manager, the NC plan and implementation for Jagal Group and it’s companies
- Provide strategic direction and support to build relationships with key government agencies such as NAPIMS, DPR, NNPC and NCD Monitoring Board or any agency as required for the Group and its Joint Venture partners
- Develop and drive strategy for achievement of key performance indicators in the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development
- Provide day-to-day support in collation and interpretation of local data related to the Industry that would be required to implement any strategies and plans as deemed fit
- Stay abreast and updated on trends within the industry focused on the development of local capacity
- Liaise with all stakeholders to prepare and monitor the Jagal’s Nigerian Content Plans in compliance with local laws for all the proposals submitted
- Liaise with the all the involved functions, in particular Legal, HR and Finance in ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Act
- Assist the Business Development Department in maintaining competitive advantage in adding value to the Nigerian content policy
- Lead initiatives that will promptly lead to the proliferation of skills and competencies among Nigerians of all ages, both in general.
- Responsible for formulating and driving all Nigerian Content initiatives and projects, providing project scope, costs and implementation plan. Also responsible for ensuring that the desired level of recognition/credit is received (from NCDMB and customers) for such initiatives.
- A relevant university degree.
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage
- A sound working knowledge of the Nigerian Local Content Law
- In-depth understanding of the Oil and Gas legal regime
- Must have experience in actively interfacing with government regulatory agencies
- Must be familiar with proposals preparation and/or project management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A Minimum of 5 years’ relevant Local Content Law experience in the oil and gas industry
- Must have completed the compulsory NYSC program
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.