GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
GSK is recruiting to fill the position of:
Ref No: 141022-1
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Reporting To: Head, Supply Chain
This is a 12 month fixed term contract role.
The role exists to:
- Support the planning, ordering, shipment and invoicing processes for the Pharma business in OWA that will see to the creation of rolling demand forecast and supply plans that meet customer demands while ensuring that projected sales targets are met each month for OWA - Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone & Gambia.
- Support Nigeria and OWA market ModCF (Modular consensus forecasting) activities for the region.
- Operates the volume forecasting process within the Supply Chain Operating Model supporting the Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) in order to improve customer service levels and reduce working capital
- Responsible for the calculation and reporting of demand forecasting KPIs to drive improvements in accuracy , bias, working capital and customer service
- Partners with the LOC Marketing teams and leads the monthly Demand Review Meetings to discuss baseline forecasts and agree any forecast adjustments.
- Responsible to ensure, through input from the LOCs, that there is a comprehensive total volume forecast including New Product Introduction, competitor activity and Tenders to ensure proper production planning is in place
- Prepares forecast inputs into the key Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings including Demand Review, feeding through to Supply Review and regional S&OP meetings. Participates to LOC Demand Review Meetings
- Promotes a "one number" mindset to drive business decision-making and forecast transparency / functional accountability
- Contributes to strategic global and regional projects that will use demand forecasting as a lever to unlock further benefits in GSK's supply chain including Inventory Reduction, ERP, Supply Chain Transformation etc. Develops in collaboration with the Demand Forecasting Manager(s) appropriate forecast models to support forecasting of the existing SKU portfolio as well as the launch of new products or line extensions
- Ensures that the statistical baseline sales forecasts are completed in line with the agreed planning calendar and that the optimum forecasting models are applied to each SKU within the Therapy
- Provides detailed, timely forecast reporting across multiple markets and assigned Therapies for input to Forecast Review Meetings, Demand Review Meeting, and ultimately feed into Country/Regional/Glo?bal? S&OP.
- Responsible for the administration and update of APO and/or legacy forecasting systems and tools with respect to forecast models, SKU data maintenance, forecast data entry and validation.
- Discuss with the Commercial team the relevant sales and marketing information on promotions, competitor activity and other market conditions that will result in an increase or decrease of the projected sales. Also responsible for documenting these assumptions. - Pre-DRM
- Develops and applies exception reporting to enable identification and management of forecast accuracy impacts and month-to-month forecast changes.
- Uses multiple data sources such as IMS, Distributor sales, stock movements and Ex Factory-shipments etc to generate insights to drive improvements to forecast accuracy.
- Provides analytical support to the Supply Chain Manager, Regional Demand Forecasting Director/Manager, and cross-functional teams as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Between 3 - 5 years experience working in a supply chain forecasting role.
- Experience working with SAP APO is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning ability & able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase value by raising standards & championing best practices
go to method of application »
Ref No: 141022-3
Reporting To: Marketing Director
To plan, direct and co-ordinate all strategic and marketing activities of the Nutritionals category in order to achieve growth - , profit - and marketing objectives, within a three year planning horizon
- Develops strategic long, medium and short term plans for brands by:
- Developing strategies that will deliver the 3 year sales, profit and marketing objectives for the category. Championing the category planning process, this directs the internal brand plans.
- Analyzing past performance, economic variables etc, against the backdrop of growth - and profit objectives, in collaboration with the brand team and other key stakeholders.
- Overseeing the implementation of innovation across the portfolio.
- Ensuring that the Nutritionals team is familiar with the science behind the brands (Brand Science training) in order to apply relevant innovation and support plans to the brands.
- Developing detailed 1 year plans for all new and existing brands which will ensure the achievement of strategic objectives in conjunction with Brand Managers and aligned agencies.
- Replans to accommodate deviations / changes in market conditions by devising and implementing new action plans, in order to ensure the brands retain their competitive advantage.
- Collaborates with global category teams.
- Directs and co-ordinates the implementation and achievement of agreed plans by:
- Providing advice and direction to the Nutritionals team.
- Initiating and co-coordinating progress on all projects to the leadership team.
- Facilitating implementation with other functions within the organisation as well as with aligned agencies.
- Overseeing the monthly management of the advertising and promotions budget.
- Category understanding.
- Own and competitive developments.
- Sales and supply chain performance.
- Consumer behavior
- Referring to superior for counsel and where necessary approval of strategies and plans.
- Working within budget parameters.
- Monitoring progress towards achieving objectives.
- Liaising with other functions and departments regarding issues such as distribution, production, R&D, sales performance, etc. on the Nutritionals category.
- Liaising with the world-wide GSK organization regarding best practices, global strategies, R&D etc.
- Monitors, analyses and evaluates market place developments relating to:
- Carries out managerial duties by:
- Develops a loyal consumer franchise for the company’s brands by creating positive brand perceptions, associations and usage experiences, through tools such as advertising and promotions management, in order to build strong brands and ensure the long-term profitability of the company.
- A university bachelor's degree, minimum of 6 years marketing experience, with a minimum of 3 years line management experience
- Sound strategic marketing skills required, supplemented by strong general business and financial acumen
- Strong management, motivational and team building skills and experience in order to effectively manage, coach and mentor a brand team
go to method of application »
Ref No: 141022-2
Reporting To: Packaging Manager
- To provide overall direction to production scheduling, dispensing, manufacturing and packaging team in a value stream concept in (Over the Counter) OTC value stream
- To be responsible for the effective management of all activities/functions related to production process/equipment validation, production equipment calibration and new process installation and transfer
- Ensure the generation and effective treatment of Picklist, Batch records and Work Orders
- Control product cost through effective labor utilization and pragmatic equipment and facilities management
- Supervise the disposal of all controlled substance / drugs in line with existing regulations
- Actively participate in all production activities involved in New Product Introduction, New Packaging Material Development and New Process Installation
- Coordinate all manufacturing and packaging process / equipment validation in accordance with Validation Master Plan. This includes data generation, collation and logical interpretation
- Ensure timely calibration of all production equipment and ensure appropriate actions are taken on out of order equipment
- Provide effective technical training to all production personnel on technical aspects of manufacturing and GMP
- Regularly review and/or update SOPs to reflect current practices within the production areas
- Support and ensure compliance to QMS and EHS policies and standards in order to minimize accidents and quality failures
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy with not less than three (3) years of working experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research & Development or Quality Assurance preferably in a multinational environment
- Sound Knowledge of statistical tools, numerate skills, good logic and good interpersonal relationship are a must for the job holder
- Second degree in Pharmaceutics or Pharmaceutical Chemistry, as well as Computer Literacy will be a clear advantage
- Ability to plan and organize production processes
- Relevant production knowledge and management skills in a pharmaceutical setting
- Performance and result-oriented with sound leadership qualities for effective supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Good initiative, drive & confidence in problem solving
- Leadership and team building
- Ability to apply Operational Excellence principles of Process Management and Lean Manufacturing
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.