If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Level: Level 5 A
Reports To: Head of Corporate Affairs
Guinness Nigeria Plc’s vision is to become the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in Nigeria. The Corporate Relations function is committed to support the achievement of this vision by transforming our relationships with different groups of stakeholders. We recognize that everything we do, everything we say and everything our key stakeholders say about us define our reputation.
- The Corporate Relations function in Guinness Nigeria covers Corporate Affairs, Public Policy, Employee Communications & Engagement, Community Relations management, Corporate Social Responsibility and Responsible Drinking.
- Contact with the NGOs and developmental organization world will be essential as well as a close relationship with government ministries, departments and agencies across the country.
Purpose of Role
The Sustainable Development Manager is responsible for providing leadership, consultancy, project management and support to the business on the implementation, development and delivery of community development programmes and positively contributes to corporate reputation.
- An inspiring leader in the business at large and key member of the Corporate Relations team
- Proactively identify, drive and lead business improvement across the company
- Leads on the use of effective analytical techniques whilst constantly looking for improvement
- To provide leadership, consultancy and support to the business on the implementation, development, and delivery of community development and other corporate social responsibility programmes and positively contribute to corporate reputation.
- To support Guinness Nigeria employees in understanding social responsibility and its fit into the company’s corporate citizenship agenda
- Develop a strategy that will create a step change in relevant key stakeholders’ awareness and understanding of Guinness Nigeria’s sustainable development programmes.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Business degree and a post graduate qualification or equivalent experience in one or more than the following: Marketing, Consulting, Sociology, Communication, Public Affairs, Issues Management
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior or middle management role in a leading industry working in a related discipline (communications, consulting, sociology, public affairs, issue management, marketing or policy development or influencing roles) working at a strategic level, developing and implementing sustainable development, community, policy programmes either in the corporate or voluntary sector.
- Good industry and commercial understanding
- Interpersonal relationship building skills and exposure to stakeholder management, e.g., customer, government, media, and employee
Method of Application
Interestd and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.