Vacancy in a Leading Electromechanical Construction Company
Posted on: 2 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen HR and Recruitment services is looking to recruit an Electrical Engineering Project Manager.
Our client is a leading electromechanical construction company with 2 decades of local presence and international expertise in construction of high quality buildings and the realization of specialized construction mandates in West Africa.
- Define and document the project targets/objectives and high level project plans to translate business requirements into clear and achievable project goals.
- Provide input during the development of material and shop drawing submittals.
- Coordinate with consultant/main contractor regarding project technical specifications and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and consolidate in project manpower plan and assign responsibilities.
- Ensure the development and adherence of project quality plans.
- Monitor, update and communicate progress by tracking project milestones and deliverables according to overall program of work.
- Oversee the implementation of the mobilization plan.
- Coordinate with engineering dpt. to modify plans as appropriate if needed.
- Coordinate with Procurement regarding material ordering and reception (delivery time etc…).
- Coordinate with HR regarding labor/subcontractors.
- Prepare monthly reports, detailing progress and costs for top management.
- Monitor sub-contractors and vendors and provide feedback to the technical managers.
- Prepare monthly payment certificate to client.
- Ensure all as built drawings are properly issued, stored and maintained.
- Develop testing and commissioning plans and coordinate fulfillment.
- Organizing, coordinating and executing filed supervision.
- Assist in the procurement of Subcontractors & Vendors.
- Manage the direct labor force.
- Ensure & maintain a safe working environment.
- Construction Manager, Project Engineers, Storekeepers and all Site workers to report to this position.
- Coach, motivate and retain staff, develop individual and team capabilities.
- Develop individual as well as team capabilities.
- Lead the operations departments to pursue goals and targets by month, quarter and year.
- Ensure that sections have proper resources to conduct daily activities and achieve objectives.
- Participate in recruitment activities for own section if requested by HR department.
- Follow up on daily, weekly and monthly reports of all activities.
- Provide reports and feedbacks to top management (formally and informally) and confer on key topics.
- Evaluate performance, delegate responsibility and authority. Follow up to ensure proper performance.
- Ensure all equipments used on site are properly maintained.
- Analyze work non-conformities and provide recommendations and guidance for resolution.
- Ensure all reporting personnel follow all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education from a well reputed university.
- Masters/MBA preferred.
- Strong professional background with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a managerial position in electro-mechanical construction projects.
- Experience in Africa preferred.
- Proven administrative, leadership and management ability in the area of project management, business development and/or tendering.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Autocad.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in Project Planning tools.
- Must be adept in the use of Internet and E-mail.
- Fluent in English and French
- Strategy oriented and driven.
- Very good analytical thinking capabilities.
- Very good at solving complex problems.
- Very good leadership skills.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Very good negotiation and communication skills.
- LEED Knowledge and Experience.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Engineers at Louis Berger Nigeria
- Welding Supervisor at Tranos Contracting Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at ABB
- Business Development Manager at a Water Engineering and Renewable Energy Company - Simeons Pivot Resources
- Supply Chain Coordinator at Aggreko Nigeria
- Sales Engineer at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
- Latest Jobs at an Engineering and Power Company - Willers Solutions
- Production Manager at TRANOS