Vacancy in a Leading Electromechanical Construction Company
Posted on: 2 October, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen HR and Recruitment services is looking to recruit an Electrical Engineering Project Manager.
Our client is a leading electromechanical construction company with 2 decades of local presence and international expertise in construction of high quality buildings and the realization of specialized construction mandates in West Africa.
- Define and document the project targets/objectives and high level project plans to translate business requirements into clear and achievable project goals.
- Provide input during the development of material and shop drawing submittals.
- Coordinate with consultant/main contractor regarding project technical specifications and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and consolidate in project manpower plan and assign responsibilities.
- Ensure the development and adherence of project quality plans.
- Monitor, update and communicate progress by tracking project milestones and deliverables according to overall program of work.
- Oversee the implementation of the mobilization plan.
- Coordinate with engineering dpt. to modify plans as appropriate if needed.
- Coordinate with Procurement regarding material ordering and reception (delivery time etc…).
- Coordinate with HR regarding labor/subcontractors.
- Prepare monthly reports, detailing progress and costs for top management.
- Monitor sub-contractors and vendors and provide feedback to the technical managers.
- Prepare monthly payment certificate to client.
- Ensure all as built drawings are properly issued, stored and maintained.
- Develop testing and commissioning plans and coordinate fulfillment.
- Organizing, coordinating and executing filed supervision.
- Assist in the procurement of Subcontractors & Vendors.
- Manage the direct labor force.
- Ensure & maintain a safe working environment.
- Construction Manager, Project Engineers, Storekeepers and all Site workers to report to this position.
- Coach, motivate and retain staff, develop individual and team capabilities.
- Develop individual as well as team capabilities.
- Lead the operations departments to pursue goals and targets by month, quarter and year.
- Ensure that sections have proper resources to conduct daily activities and achieve objectives.
- Participate in recruitment activities for own section if requested by HR department.
- Follow up on daily, weekly and monthly reports of all activities.
- Provide reports and feedbacks to top management (formally and informally) and confer on key topics.
- Evaluate performance, delegate responsibility and authority. Follow up to ensure proper performance.
- Ensure all equipments used on site are properly maintained.
- Analyze work non-conformities and provide recommendations and guidance for resolution.
- Ensure all reporting personnel follow all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education from a well reputed university.
- Masters/MBA preferred.
- Strong professional background with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a managerial position in electro-mechanical construction projects.
- Experience in Africa preferred.
- Proven administrative, leadership and management ability in the area of project management, business development and/or tendering.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Autocad.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in Project Planning tools.
- Must be adept in the use of Internet and E-mail.
- Fluent in English and French
- Strategy oriented and driven.
- Very good analytical thinking capabilities.
- Very good at solving complex problems.
- Very good leadership skills.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Very good negotiation and communication skills.
- LEED Knowledge and Experience.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Field Service Engineers at Culminate Consulting
- Jobs at a Reputable Automobile Company
- IT Staff at World Equipment Protection System Ltd. (WEPSL)
- Director of Operations at Sealing Engineering Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at TRANOS
- Jobs at Excel Creative Network Limited
- Sales Engineers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Smartflow Technologies Limited