- The Senior Processing Geophysicist will process seismic data in a timely and cost effective manner in support of Exploration and Development opportunities with our clients on projects covering the entire spectrum of Land, Marine and OBC, 2D, 3D, and 4D data and including processing workflow design, parameter selection, and quality control
- Manage uncertainties associated with developing and deploying unproven technologies
- Ensure cost control and product quality
- Responsible for managing your own projects from start to finish
- Liaise closely with our client teams to ensure that the processing results meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- Work in a high technology environment with access to "state of the art" IT infrastructure to help solve difficult data problems and implement novel processing technologies
- Supervision and QA/QC of junior staff processing work
- Coach junior geophysicists on the same or other projects
- Ability to communicate and work with our business partners and team members across several worldwide locations and time zones
Desired Skills and Experience
- A passion for developing creative solutions to challenging seismic data processing problems
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Geophysics, ideally obtained from a combination of R&D and production processing work. Minimum of 5 year out of this focused on a combination of PreSTM, PSDM (Kirchhoff) and RTM (VTI, TTI) imaging.
- Masters of Science degree in a relevant discipline (Geophysics, Geoscience, etc.) is required, PhD is preferred
- Proficiency in at least one production processing software package
- Experience in an Operating Unit, especially with land seismic operations and land data processing, is preferred. Marine acquisition and processing experience is desired.
- Experience in Software Development teams, Geophysical R&D teams, Geophysical Acquisition, or Quantitative Interpretation is added advantage.
- This position is based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria