Latest Job Opening at MainOne Cable
Posted on: 24 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business.A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available. MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
- The IP System Administrator will provide support for the IPNGN Virtual infrastructure and technical operations support for all IP customer base.
- Specifically, the IP System Administrator’s responsibilities shall include:
- Engage and interact with decision makers at a senior level to identify new and emerging business opportunities for Main One.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Apply OS patches and upgrades as demanded, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Perform monthly performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all operating system and application related issues.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- At least four (4) years’ relevant experience
- Linux and windows servers troubleshooting skills required.
- Working knowledge of the Linux Kernel
- Database Administration experience
- Experience supporting Vmware vSphere environment is desirable.
- Networking experience will be an added advantage
- Shell Scripting experience will be an added advantage
- CCNA , REDHAT, WINDOWS,VMWARE certification
Demands on the Job:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Availability to work overtime in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Engineered System Sales Executive at Oracle Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Information Technologies at an International Technology Consulting Company - eRecruiter Nigeria
- Software Developers at Sophia ERP Limited (SEL)
- Network Engineering Manager at Ngcom Network Solutions Limited
- Company Driver at Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited
- Tax Analyst at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Web Developer at GoMyWay