The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS w...
Read more about this company
Supervisor: Country Director
Technical Head: Head of Programmes
Country of Assignment: Nigeria
Regional Directorate: West Africa
Place of Assignment: Taraba
The Project Director is responsible for the direction and coordination of projects at the local/field level, assumes direct responsibility on the ground, in close collaboration with the Country Director and Head of Programs.
The Project Director maintains regular contact with the Country Director for all aspects of project implementation and personnel management.
- Oversee all project activities and be the main contact point for the donor and the field staff.
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis to the Country Director and the donor.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports and of requesting for funding.
- Lead and motivate the project team, monitor project activities, oversee project expenditure and coordinate work with consultants, field officers and volunteers in the project.
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Designing and applying appropriate project management standards for incorporation.
- Managing the production of the required deliverables.
- Adopting any delegation and use of project assurance roles within agreed reporting structures
- Preparing and maintaining project, stage and exception plans as required
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans.
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Reporting through agreed lines on project progress by using highlight reports and end-stage assessments.
- liaison with appointed field representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project and preparing any follow-on action recommendations.
- Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
- Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards.
- Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
- Managing project administration and conducting a project evaluation review to assess how well the project was managed.
Have a University Degree BA/B.Sc. or preferably a master’s degree (MA/M.Sc.) in the selected field of intervention (Project Management, Education Sciences, Social Sciences, Law, Economics, etc.)
Experience and Skills
- Have at least a minimum of five (5) years of progressively verifiable experience in the field of project management.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of projects/ Programmes, development and/or humanitarian service.
- Experience in Project Management techniques and processes.
- Experience writing reports and conducting research.
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, active listening skills, initiative and personal discipline, etc.
- Good financial management and/or budget management experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Have good computer skills and mastery of MS Office tools.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Mastery of English (fluency in spoken and written languages).
- Knowledge of a Local language preferably (Hausa) would be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Multiple submission of applications for one or more job postings is not allowed and will lead to disqualification