Since 2014, the Nigeria INGO Forum (NIF) exists as a membership-driven platform, currently having 49 international NGOs operating in Nigeria as members. Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is the current host agency of NIF. The Nigeria INGO Forum provides a collective voice for members to elevate humanitarian and development operational realities and challenges nationally, regionally and internationally. Through strengthening coordination, increasing information sharing and fostering partnerships with all actors, including the Government of Nigeria, United Nations, national NGOs and donors, NIF works as the critical link pushing for increased efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery and usage of much-needed aid to affected populations.
One of the key function of NIF is to effectively and transparently share relevant information to both its members and external stakeholders. This is being achieved through the use of various platforms including email and website (www.ingoforum.ng)). NIF seeks to engage a professional and competent information technology outfit to review / improve, migrate and set up NIF online platforms based on the INGOFORUM.NG domain, that will meet the information needs of its diversified membership, national NGOs, donors, government, Nigerian public, and so on.**
Purpose of Consultancy:
- To put in place NIF owned online platforms including its domain (INGOFORUM.NG) and improve on the features and functionality of its websites. All platforms must be easily accessible on PCs, tablets and mobile phones.
- Ensure the secure hosting of all NIF online platforms and successful migration of relevant platforms from current accounts to NIF owned accounts.**
- Review the current hosting plan for NIF website to ensure it meets a guaranteed minimum uptime of 99.99%, adequate webspace for storing resources like reports, assessments, photos, etc. and efficient bandwidth that will ensure a loading time of at most 8.7 seconds.
- Based on outcome of the review, recommend appropriate and adequate hosting plans for current domain (and possibly an additional domain) and subscribe for 1 year, with genuine dedicated Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates inclusive.
Use the Office 365 Business Premium plan to set up NIF Business Email on Office 365 from the current email client. This will include:
- Migration of all existing email contents to the new Office 365 email platform
- Migration of all NIF contents from the current Cloud Storage to OneDrive
- Review the current NIF account on Adobe Creative Cloud and isolate it from its current host by creating a new account.
Review and improve the features and functionality of NIF website.:
- Improve and infuse the website interface and navigations with a modern HTML5 responsive template and a simple technology such as Jekyll.
- Ensure all webpages are properly named and coded to meet minimum SEO requirements, as well as easily accessible and compatible with all PCs, tablets and mobile phones.
- Review all contents on the website and ensure they are properly placed and aligned on each web page. Also ensure all internal and external links on each website menu and within the pages are correctly addressed.
- Create an additional interactive chart section on NIF website using technology like Data-Driven Documents, FusionCharts or equivalents.
- This section will have subsection for INGO staffing information
- Data will be represented with responsive and interactive maps and charts (e.g. bar chart, pie chart, ranking chart, etc.)
- Create a simple membership payment portal that processes and tracts member payments as well as sends alert on expiration and invoices
- Update the template on the NIF Survey platform to align with other parts of NIF website including colours, fonts and width.
Design and develop an online learning and resource portal to support NIF PLRCAP initiative:
- The portal will be placed under a sub-directory of the main INGOFORUM.NG domain and or under a separate domain as determined by NIF and linked to NIF main website via the localization page.
- The portal will be designed to have a member-only section and public section. The member section includes participating national/local CSOs and mentor/twinning partners. Also, a profile page will be created for each member.
- A user friendly resource library, an improvement over current Document Bank, will be developed having the following components:
- A section with downloadable learning documents, guidelines, manuals, publications. Accessibility will be based on free, open source and licensed.
- Uploaded resources will be represented with an image thumbnail, a short summary blurb and a comment-enabled user rating system.
- A section comprising third-party links (or embedded pages) of recognizable and trusted online course platforms (e.g. coursera), funding opportunities, tutorials, media links, videos, etc.
- An interactive topic-based Forum/chat platform for members to post comments, share resources including multimedia, ask questions, and so on.
- A feedback section for users to comment on the website.
Pre and Post Consultancy:
- Successful IT firm will hold at least a 3-day planning meeting with NIF to discuss and agree on the technology and modalities to use for the project.
- A mockup of the PLRCAP online portal will be designed at the planning phase and final sample approved by NIF.
- Provide a six-month post-development remote security and technical support to management and maintenance of NIF domain, servers and website.
- NIF business email server on Office 365 platform
- An improved NIF website hosted on a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) platform with accurate contents and all links properly addressed
- A fully developed and functional online portal for PLRCAP initiative
- A NIF-owned domain servers (INGOFORUM.NG and possibly new domain for hosting resources), web host and Adobe Cloud accounts
- A handover notes of completed project
Roles and Responsibilities of the Applicants:
- Expected deliverables in Section 5 of this TOR.
- Prompt Claim settlement.
- Easy Administrative Procedure.
Roles and Responsibilities of NRC:
- NRC will pay based on request for quotation for the service and comprehensive service delivery. NRC will pay the contractor after delivery of service through bank transfer and presentation of invoice & receipt for the service
Deadline for Submission:
- Duly completed RFQ documents should be submitted to the above address within the stipulated time frame mentioned in RFQ advertisement. Courier Service delivery is, E-mail or in Person submission is also acceptable.
- RFQ application received by NRC after the deadline shall be considered late & shall be rejected & unopened. If the deadline specified herein falls on a government or NRC declared holiday or any unavoidable circumstances, the deadline shall be extended automatically to the following working day.
Duration of the Assignment:
- The assignment will last for 2.5 months (10 weeks)
- On the basis of performance, the tenure may be extended for further time under mutual understanding in writing.
Rejection of RFQ document of Applicant:
- NRC reserves the right to accept or reject any or all RFQ proposals with or without giving any reasons whatsoever and is not liable for any loss to applicant(s) due to such rejection.
- Furnishing of false or fabricating of information evidence will result in rejection of submission.
Required Information from the Applicant: (Reference ITB form):
- Basic Information of the Applicant:
- Details of Full-Time Key personnel
- Details of conducting similar works/with INGOs **
- Details of past and present work done by the Applicant
- CAC registration
- Details of Physical Resources (Office Accommodation with branch offices if any, Transport if any) of the Applicant
- Financial status of the Applicant
- Tax Clearance