- About Planned Parenthood Global
Welcome to Planned Parenthood Global, the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
For more than 40 years, Planned Parenthood Global has been working overseas in partnership with local advocates, medical service providers, youth leaders and more to ensure that women, men, and young people in some of the world’s most neglected areas have access to the health care they need to control their bodies and their futures.
Around the world, more than 200 million women and girls in developing countries who wish to delay or plan childbirth still lack access to modern contraceptives, information, and services.
Pregnancy is a leading cause of death for adolescent girls worldwide, with nearly 70,000 killed annually from complications related to pregnancy and childbirth.
Half of the world’s population is now under 25. They need our help to grow into the healthiest generation ever.
Planned Parenthood Global works in partnership with local advocates, medical service providers, and youth leaders to change this reality. Our partners in 13 focus countries across Latin America and Africa work to:
• Provide tens of thousands of women, men, and young people with sexual and reproductive health education;
• Provide contraceptives;
• Increase access to treatment for complications from unsafe abortion;
• Increase access to safe abortion care, where legal;
• And expand laws and policies promoting women’s health in Africa and Latin America.
VICE MANAGER at MAIDUGURI