Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G,3G and 4G services, fixed line, high spee...
Read more about this company
This is a vital position to support enterprise and shops in providing technical issue resolution for enterprise customer locations. This person will be interacting with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network operations & delivery is the essence of the role.
Enterprise microwave and fiber link network operations:
- Preventive and corrective Maintenance of microwave access & BB network to meet required link / network reliability criteria.
- Study the new site’s requirements and prepare connectivity plan.
- Take inputs for new customer integration and expansion from enterprise project team and implement expansion of transmission links / network.
Last mile PTP and PMP maintenance for enterprise customers:
- Analyse monthly and escalate any frequency interference cases as & when reported or noticed.
Redundancy & protection resilience tests:
- Ensure network redundancy & reliability better than 99.999%.
- This should include expansion of existing network and planning of new routes as well.
- IP Network including IPRAN
- Sound knowledge of local regulatory requirements regarding frequency spectrum use.
- Last mile, access & backbone network including link engineering. Validation of LOS reports and ATP documents. Preparation of feasibility reports as required from time to time. Carry out sample checks for LOS reports and ATP documents.
Good Technical Knowledge:
Must know in-depth knowledge of transmission technologies like microwave, Fiber networks, DWDM, SPDH/SDH, ASON, VSAT, MPLS, Data communications, etc.
- Vendor partner governance.
- Preparing RFP & Technical specifications
- Close interactions with internal departments like Enterprise project, enterprise sales, deployment, and MS operations.
- Bandwidth and capacity planning & management. Monthly monitoring of traffic, utilization and keep optimizing the links to ensure each links have sufficient capacity to carry traffic, where congestion exists, the network planning team be engaged.
- Adherence to the local regulatory requirements wrt frequency spectrum usage.
- Operations OPEX preparations, progress monitoring and tracking for Fiber and microwave expansions involving enterprise operational issue resolutions.
- Day to day monitoring of KPIs of transmission network to ensure that the reliability is as good as it was planned.
- Regular meetings with partners and other stakeholders.
- Transmission (Microwave, satellite and Fiber) technologies available from various vendors
- Routers, switches, aggregators & protocols
- IPRAN, IP networks, LAN, WAN
- Bandwidth & capacity management
- Technologies for Last mile connectivity
- Various interfaces
- MPLS / DCN network
- Should have knowledge of local geography, regulatory & customers
- Leadership & entrepreneur skills
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics & Communication
- Sound knowledge of Transmission of Mobile & Enterprise Network - Operations
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Minimum 5 - 7 years relevant experience in Operations of transmission networks domain
- Logical decision making abilities.
- Flexible and dedicated.
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business.
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on SLAs.
- Impeccable integrity and character