Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Anadach Group is a global healthcare strategic firm focusing on providing innovative advice and services to clients and partners interested in transforming healthcare systems in emerging markets and developing economies. The mission of Anadach is to dramatically improve access to quality healthcare services and products in emerging countries by enhancing ...
Read more about this company
Our client provides dialysis services and aims to deliver quality, compassionate and affordable healthcare services through an integrated clinical practice approach.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization.
The dialysis nurse will be responsible for overseeing dialysis treatments required by patients suffering from acute or chronic kidney failure. The duties include and are not limited to checking and recording patients' vitals, ensuring that dialysis machines are set up correctly, collecting pre-treatment dialysis data, reviewing patient records prior to dialysis, conducting pre-dialysis patient assessment and tests, and delivering the patient treatment under the supervision of the Head Nurse.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are administered to patients correctly.
- Monitoring patients during dialysis treatment to identify any adverse reactions.
- Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
- Promptly notifying the appropriate medical practitioner of any problems that occur during dialysis treatments.
- Working with the Dialysis Technicians to ensure that dialysis machines and equipment are set up correctly.
- Teaching patients and their family members how to operate home dialysis machines should they decide on home dialysis therapy.
- Educating patients on dialysis treatment options, kidney disease management, as well as suitable nutrition and exercise regimens.
- Ensure uniformity and promptness in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to patients.
- As the first point of contact, receive, prioritize and direct patients appropriately.
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the EMR system, register and relevant forms.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors in suturing procedures and to set up lines for admitted patients under observation.
- Observe admitted patients regularly, checking vital signs and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after us
- Prepare daily immunization report
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the EMR system, register and relevant forms
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy.
- Liaise with the accounts officer to generate list and rates of stock items to be procured/replenished.
- Carry out such other related duties as assigned to the nursing team
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Renal Nursing. (Additional qualification or any other relevant additional degree would be an advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially dialysis care.
Key competencies and attributes
- Good documentation ability to prepare high quality summaries and reports
- Computer literate (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system would be an asset)
- Be able to respectfully motivate and lead a team/ work with minimal supervision
- Be able to negotiate and handle end-to-end procurement
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
PLEASE INDICATE YOUR THE JOB TITLE AS THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.