- The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a five year (2017-2022), United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) funded HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support program implemented across Faith-based and Government owned health facilities in Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States. Catholic Relief Services is part of the 4GATES consortium, which is led by Caritas Nigeria and includes, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Pro-Health International and Palladium. CRS supports the implementation of the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) component of the 4GATES project.
- The Technical Specialist Case Management/ Referral Coordination will provide technical coordination at the state level for the 4GATES project strategies towards strengthening case management and referral coordination in Enugu, Delta and Imo States. S/He will ensure that 4GATES strategies are aligned to national and international evidence based technical strategies.
- The Technical Specialist Case Management/ Referral Coordination facilitates collaboration between the CSOs, 4GATES project and technical teams of Government coordinating structures and PEPFAR OVC Implementing partners. S/he will oversee the OVC Case Management & Referral Coordination strategies and provide technical leadership in implementing and monitoring project deliverables and outcomes and ensure project outputs are provided as per the agreed work plan in the supported states.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Program Quality and Technical Coordination:
- Implement strategies towards strengthening National and sub-national Coordination platforms for effective OVC Case management and referral coordination technical strategies.
- Support GoN and PERFARs efforts to standardize and scale up use of evidence based technical strategies for OVC Case Management and Referral Coordination.
- Ensure the availability and utilization of SOPs, job aids and guidelines on OVC Case Management and Referral Coordination
- Champion strategies to strengthen bi-directional linkages towards improved OVC continuum of care with focus optimizing health and social services workforce and improved data management information system at the states.
- Support innovative approach to creating demand for increased uptake of Pediatric and adolescent HIV services
- Support the roll - out of Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) models to improve ART uptake and treatment retention amongst children and adolescents in supported facilities.
- Support the strengthening of the capacity of CSOs, OVC implementing Partners on HIV counselling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
- Support the scale up of community-based model for the engagement of community structures to improve case-finding for infants delivered outside of facilities.
- Supervise the use of SOPs on age appropriate HIV Risk screening for children and adolescents in community and facility settings.
- Work with partners and supportive facility frontline staff to scale – up the use of age-specific HIV Risk screening tool for determining children and adolescents at risk of HIV and prioritizing them for HIV testing in community and facility settings.
- Support the development of effective strategies for linkage to care and treatment of children living with HIV.
- Strengthen referral linkages to increase ART uptake and retention in care among children and Adolescent.
Representation and Learning:
- Provide technical support for program innovation and learning; foster regular discussions with key stakeholders as appropriate; to facilitate cross sector learning on OVC and adolescent programs.
- Support the 4GATES project to roll out learning briefs, peer reviewed articles, success stories and innovative that work in Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Required Foreign Language: Excellent written and spoken English.
Required Travel: Ability to travel up to 80% of time
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: CRS 4GATES team, CRS Operations team, and Security Managers/Focal Points, CRS M&E Senior Technical Specialist
- External: CCFN 4GATES team, SASCP, SACA, PEPFAR Implementing partners, other donors, 4GATES Consortium team members; SMWASWD; other relevant Ministries and GON entities; Core OVC M&E Technical Working Group.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Health,Social Science or related discipline plus a master’s degree in Public Health or its equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HIV/AIDS programming
- Minimum 2 years in the developing world in project management positions with progressive technical and management responsibilities.
- Experience working in PEPFAR pediatric HIV and OVC programming.
- Strong background in program implementation; experience in supervising and providing technical assistance for roll-out of evidence-based HIV and OVC programming strategies.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Technical experience with programming to address cross-gender issues and concerns among children and adolescents is highly required.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Experience managing teams and building partnerships in complex situations
- Proven leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal skills.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.