Our clients come to us with some of the most challenging global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies worldwide. Even though we transact in the capital market, some of our clients include development financial institutions such as the African Development Bank, AFD, Afri Exim. Foundations such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Flourmills, and Dangote, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID, CIDA.
SAO offers a platform for a diverse mix of the most talented individuals to be able to bring their authentic selves to work and innovate– whether it's how you identify, where you come from, or the languages you speak. We are a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
We have very exciting, diverse projects across our portfolio companies ranging from a N35bn Infrastructure Bond Issuance, a $60m renewable energy project, a $45m education infrastructure project and a $100m Special Agro-Industrial Processing Zone amongst other projects.
We have a very ambitious growth plan with which we need help to deliver. This is an incredibly exciting time to join us as we enter our next phase of growth!
IMPACT OF THE ROLE
1) Maximize Your Potential.
2) Tackle The World's Toughest Problems.
3) Build Expertise in Areas That Matter to You.
4) Become A Global Development Leader
- Reviewing construction and projects plan and preparing their quantity requirements.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaising with project site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers, research new materials for design and cost savings, and develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advising project managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Create scopes of work, forecast upcoming demand, assist in settling invoice or contract disputes, and handle change order requests.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations.
- Liaise with other members of the team to negotiate and agree on contracts and monitor the quality of service provided.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.\
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Produce reports and statistics using computer software.
- Travelling from the office to various sites as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have a B.Sc / B.Eng / HND in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 20 years of practical experience as a structural Engineer on large roads, Highways, Bridge schemes and related Civil infrastructure.
- Must be COREN Registered. The candidate should have a strong reputation and Experience in road construction, design and construction of structures elements including casting, curing, transporting and assembling of the elements to position.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft OZce.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Must be a FINISHER
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of SAO Group of companies
- Results- orientated and pragmatic with exceptional quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Independent thinker and worker who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you must set a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself
- Tech savvy who embraces new software and online tools and is personally interested in tech-enabled solutions
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders based remotely or travelling in different time zones
Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria.