Reporting to the HeRON Manager Yola-The Logistics Officer is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the HeRON’s fleet, warehouse, assets, and facility maintenance in the Yola Field Office (Adamawa state)
The position will directly supervise IRC drivers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES PROCUREMENT
The Officer is responsible for working closely with Supply Chain Manager Mubi, internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective procurement planning and preparation to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes -
- Preparing and implementing procurement plans
- Implementing all IRC procurement SOPs
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis.
Responsible for implementing procurement plan & strategies and ensures all program procurement needs are met on time in accordance with GSC and donors’ standards. This includes:-
- Support in development of procurement specifications
- Processing approved Purchase request through the procurement software (Dynamics) and ensuring data accuracy.
- Request for quotations / proposals.
- Participate in tender meetings & evaluations.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Demonstrate value for money in procurement.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval.
- Contract Management
Responsible for managing contracts and supplier performance to ensure that terms & conditions, standard operating procedures are adhered to as provided by GSC. This includes:-
- Preparing and executing contracts for recommended bidders
- Timely renewal of running contracts.
- Execute contracts against set performance indicators
- Supplier Management
Responsible for managing supplier relationships and performance to ensure that there is precise record keeping as provided by GSC. This includes: -
- Maintain suppliers file and documentation
- Documents supplier performance
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
- Compliance and Ethics
Assist in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements (including any specific departmental procurement task assigned), Identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes through: -
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- identifying and reporting procurement red flags,
- Implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
The Officer is responsible for preparing and submitting accurate: -
- Support with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required.
- Submit monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
- Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC assets in Yola and Mubi office for HeRON, which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
- Ensure that each staff member in HeRON Adamawa is accountable for every asset assigned to them through the use of the Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including follow-up.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports to assets officer and logistics manager for review.
- Liaise with assets officer & supply chain manager to recommend disposal of assets for HeRON Adamawa is reviewed and implemented annually as per IRC and donor requirements regulations.
- Be responsible to coordinate end of year and grant closure assets counts as per the standard operating procedure for accountability of assets in IRC.
Fleet And Transport Management
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet & generators for Yola field office.
- Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program teams and office lead.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage, and spares expenditures by vehicle& generators for review, general reporting, and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance, and reporting of all IRC vehicles & generators in for HeRON projects in Adamawa State is in accordance with IRC policy.
- Be responsible to coordinate for the regular maintenance and servicing of all IRC vehicles and generators for the HeRON Adamawa.
- Any other duties or tasks delegated by his/her supervisor.
- Responsible for compiling regular reports for HeRON Mubi and Yola, base assets
- Responsible for compiling regular reports from Yola and Mubi Office regarding Contributions-in-Kind.
Coordination & Representation
- Participate in technical Coordination meetings at the LGA and the State levels, as required.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports To
Line Manager: HeRON Manager Yola
Indirect/Technical Reporting : Supply chain manager Mubi, supply chain, finance and other consortium management team
Position directly Supervises : N/A
Key Internal Contacts: Consortium management team, Finance, and Supply Chain,
Key External Contacts: LGA level logistics clusters, transport vendors, and Local government authorities.
- Education: B.Sc Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, or related field
- Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in logistics-related roles preferable in an INGO setting.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies in the use of “Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations”
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Team spirit and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, power point, DBMS etc.).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
- Strong supervisory skills
- Familiarity/ knowledge of operational contexts (Adamawa States)
Demonstrated Technical Skills
- Background in logistics managements
- Demonstrated experience with logistics, assets and fleets management and technical coordination
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies
- Flexible, diplomatic and have ability and willingness live and work under pressure of workloads
- A mature person of high professional discipline and moral integrity, proactive and able to work under stress as the situation may dictate.
Languages: English. Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage
Computer/Other Tech Requirements
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Ability to Travel: 30 % of time