Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Cardinal Torch Company Limited is a Group Holding Company which specializes in all areas of Agriculture and Oil & Gas with an Independent Co-operative Society.
The Company is a Group Holding Company which specializes in all areas of Agriculture (farming, processing and exportation) and Oil & Gas Industry. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Legal Officer with a strong background in regulatory compliance, business advisory, contract law, Real estate, Tax, Intellectual Property, Labour and corporate governance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all Cardinal Torch’s business operations and processes comply with relevant laws and regulations, providing strategic legal advice and business support to Cardinal Torch business activities, initiatives, drafting and reviewing contracts, and overseeing corporate governance matters. Previous experience in either Banking, Finance, Commodities will be an added advantage.
In performance of your duties, the successful candidate shall work in conjunction with the Legal Officer (Dispute Resolution) under the supervision of the Company Secretary and General Counsel to report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Liaison with all the subsidiaries within Cardinal Torch, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
- Maintenance and review of Legal Agreements.
- Developing and overseeing that Cardinal Torch meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities.
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to execution and implementing.
- Ensure all contracts and commitments are brought to the attention and notice to the Company Secretary for vetting and approval.
Compliance/Business Advisory/Corporate Governance
- ·Review of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Cardinal Torch Company and ensure compliance with these.
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocolsServe as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments.
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due
- Inform the Internal Audit unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation.
- Ensuring compliance with best practices and any other duties as required by the Unit head.
- Conduct regular compliance audits to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
- Provide legal advice on business strategies and initiatives.
- Assess and mitigate legal risks associated with business decisions, collaborate with management to support business objectives within legal parameters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, agreements, and other legal documents, ensure contracts align with business objectives and comply with legal requirements.
- Manage contract life-cycle, including renewals, amendments, and terminations.
- Advise on corporate governance principles and best practices.
- Facilitate board meetings and ensure compliance with governance guidelines.
- Maintain corporate records and documentation, conduct legal research on various issues as required.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations relevant to the organization and work closely with internal departments to provide legal support.
- Bachelors of Law Degree from a Reputable University in Nigeria Or Accredited Tertiary Institution: (Second Class Degree)
- Qualified Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria with 0– 2years Experience.
- Post-Graduate Degree or Professional Certificate or Certificate of Proficiency in Corporate Governance, Company Secretarial Matters, Legal and Contract Drafting, Debt Recovery amongst others.
- Preferable Experience with Trade and Finance Instruments, Labor, Debt Recovery and Corporate Matters, Regulatory and Business Advisory Services.
- Articulate, effective communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally (lawyers, regulators, auditors) at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Good time management skills
Note: Female candidates only and must reside within Lagos Island or it environs.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.