A Reputable Law Firm located at Victoria Island was established and registered to do business as a multi-practice commercial, insolvency, recovery and litigation firm in Lagos, Nigeria.
The role holder should be able to represent clients in court in civil matters, draw up legal documents and proceedings, and manage or advise clients on legal transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor legal risk in documentation and giving guidance on the acceptable assumption of risk.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for natural and juristic persons.
- Conduct legal research and gather evidences.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before documents are executed.
- Explain the law and give legal advice.
- Protecting the Firm’s interests by ensuring due diligence
- Offer legal representation at arbitration or mediation hearings.
- Draft, review and manage wills, trusts, estates, contracts and deeds.
- Manage regulatory and compliance-related services.
- Facilitate innovative solutions to client problems.
- Offer legal representation to clients in court proceedings on civil or criminal matters.
- Manage and oversee paralegals and legal assistants.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases
- Prepare pleadings, notices and make appearances in court
- Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A degree in Law with at least 2.1
- Must be called to the Nigeria Bar with at least 2.2
- With 2-3 years of active litigation experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Role is based in Lagos.
Responsibilities and job description may be refined with changing business needs.
The role contributes cross functionally
Salary: 200,000 – 250,000 per month.