We wish to commission a consultancy to undertake an impact evaluation of our Ford Build project to inform the achievement of project outcomes over the course of the project 5 years period.
Global Rights has in the last five years implemented a project aimed at strengthening the institutional capacity and improving programmatic outcomes for the organization.
Having successfully implemented the grant within the period, we are desirous of assessing the impact of the grant and how well its achievements aligned with the purpose and objectives the grant was set out to achieve. This impact assessment will therefore provide insight into some key achievements the grant has helped Global Rights achieve as an organization, especially in terms of building the institutional capacity of the organization and improving its programmatic outcomes. It is also expected to highlight how the intervention is helping Global Rights learn as an organization, and what the next steps the organization needs to take to consolidate the gains of the project.
The end of project evaluation will be shared with critic relevant stakeholders to give a clear visualization of the project achievements, shortcomings, outcomes and performance of implementation, lessons learnt about the implementation, best practices that can be replicated and challenges faced. The main objectives of the evaluation are:
- To measure the immediate outcome of the project and its performance.
- To assess the achievement made in the program implementation and the progress made in achieving the overall goal of the project.
- to identify the best practices, challenges, recommendations and lessons learned related to projects in the targeted areas. The knowledge attained through the evaluation will provide fodder for future programming and an audio-visual production on the organization’s journey.
Scope of work:
The consultant is expected to work in consultation with the Executive Director and management team in designing, developing and implementing the research methodology to evaluate the impact of the Ford BUILD project.
The scope of work for the consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Conduct an operations audit on the organization
- Assess the overall implementation of the project with particular reference to its achievements, shortfalls, and opportunities the strengths and weaknesses of the project.
- Highlight factors influencing the effective and efficient implementation of the interventions and their contribution towards the realization of the programme outcomes and outputs.
- the evaluation will also identify lessons learned, and good and promising practices.
- Formulate recommendations for Global Rights and Ford Foundation to consider for future projects.
- Lead the development and finalization of the inception evaluation plan –
- Consultative meeting with Global Rights to discuss the scope of the consultancy
- Develop and design the research methodology that meet the project objectives
- Develop outline of the final report
- Lead the evaluation process and data collection, analysis as well as interpretation
- Lead the presentation of initial findings, feedback meeting and debriefings
- Submission of final report: the consultant will be responsible for producing the final report
- Dissemination of the end of project evaluation – the dissemination event will be led by Global Rights and will be supported by the consultant
Payment Terms: The consultant will be remunerated by Global Rights and will work a total of 20 days
The consultancy will be expected to deliver, at a minimum, the following outputs:
- Detailed inception workplan, methodology, scope and approach as agreed with Global Rights
- Dissemination report. The report should include results achieved, recommendations, lesson learnt and way forward (key learnings for strategic planning)
- Final comprehensive report of the consultancy which will include results achieved, recommendations, areas for follow up and the final version of the evaluation report
The qualifications below are for the lead consultant/Team Leader
- A degree or equivalent peace & development, international relations, social sciences, political economy or other relevant fields
- The consultant should have at least five years of experience in M&E and previous experience conducting assessments. At least 5 years of experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research, particularly with interviews and surveys.
- Extensive knowledge in human rights and governance
- Understanding of civic space development issues in Nigeria and globally
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and analytics
- Possess strong analytical and writing skills, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate
- Advanced level of proficiency in both written and spoken English
Interested qualified consultants are invited to submit a proposal that includes the following:
- An understanding of the requirements
- Methodology and work plan for performing the assignment
- Project delivery plans
- Relevant services undertaken in the past with a detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments
- Registration and other relevant statutory documents
- 2 writing/report sample
Supervision: The consultant will report to the Executive Director.