EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and development work.
The ICT Officer must be technically skilled with good problem-solving ability for the position. The duties of an ICT Officer include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties. You will be responsible for installing or upgrading components, setting up software, assisting with network administration, and resolving all IT support issues.
The ICT Officer is expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They will be required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems and implement solutions to them; should have an in-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies.
The ICT Officer will be responsible for the following, including those not listed but are extensions of those expressly stated:
- Identifying hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults.
- Resolving network issues.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software.
- Speaking to staff to quickly get to the root of their problem.
- Talking co-workers through a series of actions to resolve a problem.
- Following up with staff to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Replacing or repairing the necessary parts.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Providing support in the form of procedural documentation.
- Managing multiple cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on equipment.
- Regularly evaluating our IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands.
- Assisting with network administration tasks.
- Ensuring data storage is safe and secure.
- Resolving all issues co-workers have with their IT systems and software.
- Educating co-workers about network security and best practices for computer usage.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of our computer network
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct
- Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
- Ensure that programme goals and activities uphold the principles of the key national and international humanitarian frameworks, codes, and commitments
- Integrate beneficiary accountability principles into the approach
Achieving results effectively:
- Ensure efficient and transparent use of resources in accordance with internal controls
- Address difficult situations and make tough decisions confidently and calmly
- Consider the wider impact of decisions to be made in the short and long-term.
- Continuously provides feedback and updates to achieve improved results
- Document lessons learned and applies them to future projects
- Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Actively listen to different perspectives and experiences of stakeholders
- Actively participate in networks to access and contribute to good practice
- Establish and maintain clear communication and dialogue with disaster and conflict affected people and other stakeholders
Operating safely and securely:
- Identify and communicate risk and threats and minimises these for oneself and the agency
- Take measures to do no harm and to minimise risks for partners and the communities
- Reduce vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organisation.
- Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
- Help team members to practise stress management through prioritisation of workloads and modelling of appropriate self-care
- Remain effective and retains perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations
- Demonstrate personal integrity by using one’s position responsibly and fairly
- Maintain ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conduct
- Plan, prioritise and perform tasks well under pressure
- Take responsibility for own work and for the impact of own actions
- Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Demonstrate managerial courage by confronting difficult situations and seeking resolution, and stating willingness to champion ideas
- Demonstrate approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings
- Demonstrate self-development and management by taking responsibility for own development, and actively seeking out feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively influence others by understanding their interests and showing how they will be met by own preferred solution
- Give constructive feedbacks to enhance capabilities and responsibilities to another for the purpose of his/her development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- The ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Report writing skills
- Effective communication skills in English and Hausa
- Excellent knowledge of Nigerian humanitarian aid and development context
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent communication, diplomatic skills, and writing skills
- Computer proficiency (word, excel and internet)
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and data