JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE GENERAL MANAGER, MEZCREDIT FINANCE LIMITED
(This position is strictly for a Marketing Savvy result oriented and strategic leader)
This is a leadership role that is responsible for giving strategic guidance and direction to the Board in order to ensure that the Company achieves its short and long terms goals, while living by the vision and mission statements of the Company.
The job descriptions are as stated below:
- Manage and report on the effective implementation of a marketing strategy to maintain market relevance and promote products and services aimed at growing market share and by extension, shore up revenue base.
- Research and implement new initiatives to drive revenue, lower operating costs and maintain quality products that are competitive
- Through quality and visionary leadership, ensure employees move in the same strategic direction to achieve the Company’s objectives.
- Create and report on business plans, monitoring its efficacy and progress.
- Maintain the quality of products, services, customer support and level of service in line with service level agreements and other retention strategies
- Continuous monitoring of the annual budget and ensure set targets are met.
- Give strategic advice and report results and findings to the Board through the Group Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage resources, including the attracting, hiring and retention of personnel.
- Manage relationship with the key stakeholders such as the Board members, other internal stakeholders, the regulatory authorities including the Central Bank of Nigeria, the auditors and other service providers, key personnel, clients and other external stakeholders.
- Promote the wellness of staff and implementing policies in line with the Group HR policies and guidelines to create a diverse and positive working environment.
- Preparation of annual reports and attending/presenting at board meetings
- Presentation of Credit Appraisal Memorandum (CAM) at the Group Management Credit Committee (GMCC) for credit consideration and approval.
- Preparation of annual budgets and respond to queries on the budget for the purpose of budget approval.
- Ensure appropriateness and adequacy of loan documentation as well as maintenance of credit files in a manner that guarantees security of customer information and ease of retrieval of documents or files.
- Drive implementation of all recommendations contained in the CBN Examination Reports
- Maintain working relationship with the peers in the industry for ease of information sharing
- Identify skill gaps in the team and make recommendations for appropriate trainings to bridge the gaps for optimal performance on the job.
- Any other administrative duties that will or may be assigned from time to time by the Board or Group Management.
OPERATIONAL AND REGULATORY
- Drive and ensure strict compliance with all regulatory guidelines including provisions of the codes of corporate governance. Note that there shall be zero tolerance for regulatory infractions.
- Develop a comprehensive credit policy for the Board consideration and obtain Board approval within the first three months of assumption of office.
- Institute strategies to manage market risk including the development of risk appetite, appropriate policies, processes, and organizational structures to support ongoing management and quantification market risk.
- Adopt and implement sound and prudent liquidity management framework, which shall describe in detail its Asset Liability Management (ALM) Policy and overseen by its Asset/Liability Management or similar Committee put in place by the Group Management.
- Put in place, a credit rating policy as well as model for rating counterparties/obligors and sectors within the first three months of assumption of office. Ensure Board approval is obtained within the specified timeline.
- Maintain at all time, a Non-Performing Loan (NPL) Ratio of not more than 5%.
- Any other duties bordering on operations and regulatory guidelines that will or may be assigned from time to time by the Board or Group Management.
Your direct reporting line shall be the Group Chief Financial Officer/Operations.
Kindly note that marketers from the banking /Insurance sector will be an added advantage.
Mezcredit Finance Limited
A member of Greengate Group Limited