Under the supervision of the Health Delegate, the First Aid Field Officer 2 is a Member of the Health team and supports planning, implementation and monitoring of health activities including emergency response. S/He has the overall responsibility for First Aid Activities and Health Care in Danger (HCID).
- Actively participates in planning and overall implementation of the health programs in Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- Participates in the planning, implementation and monitoring of emergency health response as required.
- Participates in the identification of pathways of referral for wounded and sick, including victims of sexual violence
- Participates in data collection for Healthcare in Danger and reporting.
- Overall responsibility for First Aid Program.
- Collaborates with Deputy Head of Sub Delegation (HoSD), Protection to identify target groups including weapon bearers
- Coordinates, facilitates and provides First Aid (FA) training
- Ensures a collaborative approach to FA trainings ie Protection, Communication, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS),
- Health Care in Danger (HCID).
- Ensures accurate data collection for FA activities.
- Contributes to institutional reporting including Medical Activity Database (MAD), Monitoring for Results (MFR), Quarterly
- Health Technical Report (QHTR), Field trip reports, Bi-weekly operational reports, project documents i.e. assessments,
- Proposals, Plan of Actions (PoAs) as required.
- Provides support for health logistics ie preparation of SRs monitoring emergency stock.
- Ensures appropriate Team space filing and retention of institutional documents.
- Supports logistic component of health programs and preparation of SRs
Education and Experience Required
- Registered Nurse with Valid license from Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery council
- Minimum of 5 years as active
- Previous experience with humanitarian work and advantage.
- First Aid training skills an advantage.
- Good understanding of culture/health structure in Central Nigeria.
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Fluent in local languages ie Hausa
- Computer literate (Word, Excel)
Send Curriculum vitae, cover letter and NYSC Certificate to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Clearly indicate “ABJ202100215 Health Field Officer 2 (Nutrition) YOL” for Health Field Officer role
“ABJ202100214 First Aid Field Officer 2 YOL” for the First Aid Field Officer role
as the subject of your application (Applications intended for these roles without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 12.10.2021, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)