Role: Finance Analyst / Budget Officer OR Finance/Budget Manager
Reporting To: Head, Finance & Procurement
Role Summary: A Senior-level finance/budget personnel to develop and oversee our business's budgeting procedures and strengthen relationships with financial stakeholders. In this role, you will be required to analyze the business's budgets, determine and approve key strategic and growth plans, liaise with external stakeholders, and produce reports on projections, costs, and expenditures.
To ensure success on this role, you should be adept at negotiations, business strategy, calculating key business indicators, and making financial decisions. The individual should be a skilled communicator, excellent at relationship building, and able to independently manage the company's finances.
- Determining organizational finance capacities, calculating financial constraints, and approving budget strategies.
- Establishing standards and procedures to guide the administration of organizational budgeting.
- Creating strategies to optimize our organization's budgets and spending.
- Monitoring spending patterns and implementing measures to promote adherence to budgets.
- Implementing and maintaining accounting best practices to ensure the financial good standing of the organization.
- Providing financial analysis and strategic input to facilitate high-level decision-making by management.
- Communicating complex accounting concepts to management and staff.
- Formulating and developing departmental and organizational budgets with relevant people and organizations.
- Maintaining solid relationships between the company and external auditors, lawyers, and regulatory authorities.
- Reporting and explaining budget decisions to external stakeholders.
- A bachelor's in accounting, business management, finance, or similar.
- At least 4 years of experience as a budget analyst, financial analyst, business accountant, or similar.
- A demonstrable record of promoting organizational growth through effective budget planning.
- Thorough knowledge of legal frameworks and business accounting procedures.
- Experience with accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage X3, etc.).
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to delegate appropriately.