An International School is seeking to recruit experienced persons as Facilities Manager to ensure the most suitable work environment for students, staff and all school activities. His general focus will be to ensure best business practice in facilities management and to improve efficiency.
- The minimum education requirement will be a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with relevant practical work experience in handling electrical installation and wiring of buildings.
- A minimum of six years’ experience in a managerial capacity in Facilities or Maintenance role and a deep understanding of project management and able to multitask as well as work long hours.
- Possess a superior attention to detail; organizational skills; planning skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills
- Ability to create and lead effectively in a team environment and international exposure of standard building facilities outside Nigeria.
- Ability to think strategically and to analyze complex situations
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Building and facilities
With the Input of the Maintenance Manager, The Facility Manager will be responsible for the development, communication and ensuring compliance to the following policies:
a). The Institution's facilities procedures and policies for:
for daily opening and closure of all school buildings and rooms for request of repairs and purchase of facilities materials for reporting damage or careless use of facilities for generator usage
- Creating a maintenance and repair schedule log for AC’s, plumbing and water systems, generators in all buildings.
- Ensure that every room has a lock and key and provide a well labeled and organized storage for all extra keys to each room for each building.
- Develop a location specific inventory of all furniture, and other gadgets in each room for each building.
- Create a log system to receive written requests and complaints for each building f). Create a daily routine checklist for each building.
- Ensure each building has safety exit points, fire extinguishers are serviced and every room is safe for occupants [e.g. no naked wire showing, etc.].
- Ensure fire alarm systems are working and the school undergoes a fire and lock down drill each semester
- Liaising with Crisis Management Team, review and communicate procedure for lock down of all buildings in cases of danger or emergencies
- Submit written monthly report statements providing feedback on facilities maintenance and repairs, cost, challenges and suggestions. Reports should be submitted to the Head of School by the 3rdof the new month.
- Perform other duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Provide policy and procedures documents on reporting damages and request for campus residence.
- Develop a location specific inventory of all school facilities in residential buildings and in storage, showing facility cycle [purchase date, repair dates and possible date for a replacement].
- Create maintenance and repair schedules for all facilities provided for campus residence: ac’s, fridge, microwave, electric kettles etc.
- Create a log system to receive written requests and complaints from residents Cars
In collaboration with Maintenance Manager, the Facility Manager will:
- Ensure all cars are serviced as when due.
- Ensure car papers are renewed as when due.
- Ensure school buses are washed daily [when in use].
- Ensure assigned cars to residents are kept clean [washed at least once a week]. v.) Damages or accidents to cars are recorded and reported to the Head of School.
- Provide a log system for driver’s to ensure daily/weekly routine check for buses.
- Perform other duties assigned by your supervisor.
The Facility Manager will be responsible for supervision of all construction projects embarked by the school.
REPORTS & BUDGETING
- The Facility Manager will ensure that as much as possible, a budget [or rough estimate] of total cost of the project is submitted for approval to the Head of School and CFO before commencement.
- The Facility Manager will ensure all quotations are negotiated and are at lowest possible price without compromising standard.
- Workmen bills will only be paid after Facility Manager has approved that work has been completed and meets expectations.
- Facility Manager will liaise with the accounts department on all projects for payment periods to give room for proper planning.
- Final cost, suggestions and comments on all projects should be submitted to the CFO once the project has been completed. Report can be included with the monthly report.
- Experienced or ability to work with a multicultural team
- Ability to think outside the box, come up with business ideas to increase revenue for the school
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work in a demanding environment Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to work as part of and motivate team
- Strong strategic planning abilities
- Enthusiastic and assertive
This job position is preferable for male candidates and the age range should be from 40-55 years.
The salary range for this position is N250,000- N270,000 monthly, other benefits include health insurance for four dependents (staff included).