Position: Full-time employment.
Role: Executive Level
Our Client is an NGO that drives positive change in Africa through her bespoke intervention programs that engender youth transitions in the areas of entrepreneurship, civic involvement, social status shift, as well as employability.
Consequent to recent strategic expansion, the organization is seeking to hire a Director of Programs to support the organization by developing, managing, and growing relationships with existing and potential partners; while also supporting the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals of “Making secondary education work and Developing talents for the SDGs” in Africa.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Strategy
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors in developing and implementing organizational Program strategy.
- Lead the programmatic direction of the organization working with the leadership team.
- Support the leadership team in implementation and creation and monitoring of the organization’s strategic drives
- Support the leadership team in Organizational Capacity Development.
- Oversee all program activities in the organization in line with the organization’s strategic pillars and focus areas to achieve bottom lines
- Provide strategic direction and oversee all units in the Programs department (MERL, eLearning, Grants and Partnerships etc.) including setting of annual goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentorship support to the team and ensure development of leadership capacity within teams.
Grants and Partnerships
- Directly responsible for the creation and implementation of the programs-related fundraising strategy.
- Cultivate and drive private, public and social sector partnerships that create opportunities for the growth of the organization in alignment with its vision.
- Set and meet the fundraising and partnership annual goals.
- Plan and operationalize robust relationship building and stakeholder management activities with partners and stakeholder; maintain relationships with decision makers at the executive and management levels.
- Oversee all grants, partnership and business development activities in the organization.
- Oversee all program design and delivery activities including program and project conceptualization, curriculum development and updates, and the creation of development-focused products and services (digital/eLearning products and services) for the organization’s target beneficiaries.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Programs department; periodic analysis of internal program processes, policies, procedures and standards.
- Oversee and ensure the successful implementation of the organization’s annual conferences, flagship program and other high impact projects across Africa.
- Oversee and provide support and supervision for all programmatic materials relevant for policy advocacy and other research activities.
- Manage special strategic projects that will drive growth for the organization.
- Champion thought leadership, advocacy policy design and development activities.
- Oversee Knowledge Management process, system and practices.
- Overseeing all the program-related processes and activities involved in the delivery of the organization’s learning institute.
Budget Management and Monitoring
- In liaison with the finance department, undertake periodic budget monitoring and variance analysis with all program managers and coordinators in reviewing and tracking spending to adhere to the annual budget.
- Support program managers to plan and undertake corrective management actions arising from budget monitoring reports.
- Approve program related requests for imprest and reconciliation in line with the organization’s financial management procedures.
- Support the development and execution of the organization’s people strategy; Build and maintain its culture of Respect, Integrity, Synergy and Excellence (RISE).
- Managing a geographically distributed team in the programs unit to ensure seamless collaboration and culture alignment.
- Support the learning and development annual goals and aspirations of teams.
- Contribute to the strategic formulation and implementation of the ‘People’ Pillar in the organization’s bottom line
- Coaching, mentoring and guiding of the program's team members towards their growth and development and the successful completion of tasks, projects and programs
Requirements and experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business administration, Social Sciences, etc.
- At least 7 - 8 years of relevant experience as a skilled professional in Program design and delivery, fundraising and at least 3 years’ experience managing teams.
- High performer with demonstrated success in Leadership and Strategy, Grants and Partnership, Program and People Management.
- Ability to conduct stakeholder analysis and reports to strengthen partnerships and leveraging on resources.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and businesses
- Ability to transition projects to scale with a high degree of permanence of impact
- High level of creativity, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, negotiation skills, sound judgement and strong work ethics.
- Willing to travel both locally and internationally
- Proficient in the use of MS office suites, google suite, data entry and analysis skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to think holistically about the organization’s mission and bottom lines
- Excellent communication and speaking skills, an influencer with ability to deliver presentations at major industry events.
- Key eye for details and insights
- Very strong proposal and grant writing skills
- Program and project management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Stakeholder Management Skills
- Budget Management Skills.
- Training Facilitation Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Impact Measurement Skills
- Networking Skills
- Risk Management Skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- Change Management Skills
- Fundraising Skills
- High Negotiation Skills
- Financial Management Skills
- Attractive and negotiable
Qualified and interested applicants should please forward CVs to [email protected] using ABT-11-21 as subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.