Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research. The specific fe...
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
Responsible for coordinating and monitoring all data related activities including: collection, compilation, verification, encoding, data entry, analysis, reporting under the Medical Coordinator. Also responsible for the supervision, training and support to field data collectors, as well as coordination of medical data reporting for internal and external use in conjunction with the Medical Coordinator.
Function & Responsibilities
- Collect the medical data of the projects (epidemiological data, statistics, project data), and elaborate regular reporting to the medical coordinator, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activities of the projects.
- More specifically, the Data manager and analyst will be under the supervision of the medical coordinator:
- Set up various databases for all project sites and emergency interventions; Update databases used in the projects as required.
- Work with Data collectors/Encoders in all projects to ensure patient files are properly stored in an accessible manner.
- Monitor the quality of data collection: ensure the data collectors have the right source of documents within the projects; ensure the quality of the data contained in the compilation tools and ensure respect for the principles of confidentiality of patient data.
- Supervise and train data collectors in the projects: Supervise the project data entry operators and identify the difficulties they face in terms of the use of tools and send them or notify them to the project activities manager and the medical coordinator; Provide support and on the job-training to data collectors; Organize training for data operators on identified needs.
- Train new staff e.g. MedRefs and other staff involved in data collection on how the data tools work.
- Inform the MedRefs and MedCo of communicable diseases with epidemic potential: Hold a database or a history of alerts and emergencies according to the scenarios (Measles, Cholera, and Meningitis) and other situations (population movement or IDP, inflow of wounds). Also, in case of emergency intervention ensure that projects or databases / line list updated if necessary and uses it. Monitor, compile and analyze the database on a weekly basis;
- Data analysis: Conduct analysis on databases collected with MedRefs and the Medical coordinator of the mission and give a short weekly/ monthly summary: and advise the projects and medical coordination on the situation in terms of the achievement of indicators, targets, alert situation for epidemiological diseases and errors identified in the projects databases in terms of collection or encoding.
- Carry out data analysis of various orders according to the request by informing the Medco of the needs expressed in advance.
- Reports: Compile monthly data from project locations into a monthly data report and maintain a reporting system for monthly and quarterly reports for all medical activities for the projects, internal and external partners such as different donors, nutritional sector, health sector, SGBV sector, UNICEF and WHO, etc. While ensuring that the requests are in agreement with the organization.
- Participate in cluster and HIS meetings organized by the MoH of the Borno region.
- Troubleshoot problems that may arise with the databases.
- Liaise with the IT staff in Dakar regarding DHSI2;
- In the event of assessment, research, surveys he/she will have to contribute to the preparation of the plan and analysis of the data (recommendation of the software best adapted for high quality analysis).
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the mission.
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA's policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point...).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Degree in Statistics or a master's degree in Epidemiology or Public Health with strong knowledge in epidemiology and statistics.
- Degree in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing) with strong knowledge in epidemiology and statistics.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Perfect mastery of data processing and analysis software (DHSI2 / National Data Collection System, STATA, Epi Info, Epi Data, others)
- Ability to cope with transfers of data and complicated epidemiological reporting.
- Experience in designing and developing databases for collection of medical data.
- Strong ability to coordinate, priorities and organize workload, work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
- Highly effective organizational and multitasking skills.
- Team management and good mastery of teamwork
- Adherence to the ALIMA Principles and Charter
- Flawless motivation and result oriented
- Can work under stress & available on request.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit online your Cover letter, CV with colour picture and qualifications with contact details all in the same files, to ALIMA’s recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last day for Submission of application 30th November 2022
Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.