Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Mobile Foundation for Health Security and Rehabilitation Nigeria (MHSR) is a youth-led initiative with Trans inclusive organization that focuses on Mobile Health Services, Sexual Health Education, Research and Development for community that are most at risk to infection and diseases especially the young ones among them. MHSR was founded on March 1st 2014 and...
Job Specific Information
Mobile Foundation for Health Security & Rehabilitation (MHSR) are seeking to recruit a Care and Support Officer: HIV Treatment Support Services Unit will be responsible for working closely with the Case managers, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, OSS focal persons and other MHSR technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the program – focusing primarily on HIV prevention, Care & Support. S/he will provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, Community based HIV Care & Support for Key Population affected by HIV. The Prevention, Care & Support officer s/he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community-based care & support activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care. S/he will also support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing Case managers in the area of HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and OSS. Also, s/he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing HIV risk behavior. The Officer will also provide technical support and expertise, coordination and supervision of all HIV Care and Treatment and other activities at community and OSS level within the assigned KPCARE1 project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- S/he is to provide technical support in the Implementation of technical program activities for community-based HIV Care and Support on KPCARE 1 Project.
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, collaborate closely with the MHSR team to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community-based response to HIV /AIDs towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services for Key Population
- Support the technical team on the development of strategies, design and implementation of HIV Prevention / Care & Support activities by KPCARE 1 project; ensure activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services.
- Direct Peer Navigators towards overall technical quality - including adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
· Provide technical support for Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at community and OSS.
· Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews, assessing progress of the KPCARE 1 Project.
- Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behavior change principles, and build the capacity of Peer Navigators and relevant staff in effective implementation and monitoring.
- Work with Heartland Alliance LTD/GTE Treatment partners and coordinate bidirectional patient referral from facility to community and vice versa.
- Obtains patient line list regularly and ensure data synergy with the treatment partners along all custom indicators.
- Lead the process of monitoring of quality HIV care at the household and ensure drug adherence and viral load suppression
- Lead the process on patient follow up for Drug – up and Viral Load sample collection at the community and facility to ensure overall achievement along the 95 95 95 epidemic control cascade.
- Work closely with the SMOH, SACA and HIV TWGs in Lagos - State in identifying and capitalizing on leverage points for improved linkages and referral coordination at the community level and for Integration of HIV Prevention Care & Support elements for Key Population activities.
- Lead the process in ensuring all Peer Navigators ensure prompt enrollment and referral of all newly identified HIV cases
- Other assigned roles by Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Direct Supervisor: Program Manager
Indirect Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervises: Peer Navigators, & Treatment Support Associate
Qualification and Skills
- BSc in relevant Health related or Social Sciences field with a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs plus a technical experience with community level HIV prevention, Care & Support programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Pediatric & Adult) and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entitles
- Familiarity with USAIDS programming and principles
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled In MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint