Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all. Heartland Alli...
Read more about this company
Reports to: Communications Manager
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, the incumbent will work with other units, to support and bring success to the organization by building beneficial links through effective internal and external communications and enhance responsible visibility of HALG globally. This role requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to develop compelling content that is both on-brand; in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and data-driven; optimized for search, and all content channels including digital, traditional, non-traditional, and social media spaces, email, and in-person activations. He/she will write and distribute content and materials and promote the organization’s brand, product, or activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Communications Manager and Senior Leadership team to promote the organizational image and specific project objectives, activities, achievements, learning, and best practice utilizing the Organization’s online channels and new technology.
- Ensure timely dissemination of information to all stakeholders (internal and external as directed) and liaise appropriately with the communications Manager on all publications and developments.
- Support content creation and deployment on the Organization’s website and online tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
- Support the communications unit to ensure continuous review and implementation of the HALG’s communication strategies.
- Support staff to better utilize HALG’s communication platforms and promote awareness on program activities to HALG's wider audiences.
- Support consultants engaged by the Communications unit to ensure good quality of jobs.
- Work in close coordination with the Communications Manager to review reports, external and internal communications, and represent the organization at events.
- Contribute to the periodic publications of quarterly newsletters and annual reports for HALG. Provide support to the Executive team in managing the CEO’s schedule, engagement with the board and related activities of the CEO’s office.
- Provide support to the leadership team in organizing and managing executive functions for internal and external audience as the need arise.
- Manage correspondence between the CEO and stakeholders.
- Manage periodic surveys for staff to elicit information for the CEO’s decision making and addressing high level matters affecting employees.
- Contribute to HALG annual reports, keep track of HALG businesses as directed by the CEO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- First degree in Communications, Media, Social Sciences, Arts/Humanities is essential. A Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience and at least 3 years in a similar or related role in the development sector is essential.
- Experience managing communication as well as working with the media is essential.
- Website development/management and digital communications are essential.
- Capacity-building experience including training, facilitating, coaching, and mentoring is essential.
- Experience as a media focal person for an organization/department is desirable.
- Experience as a reporter, sub-editor, or proof-reader is desirable.
- Familiarity with popular Media Sector and previous relationship with same is desirable.
- Ability to set up and manage blog for an organization.
- Highly experienced in managing internal and external communications within the organization with excellent communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with social media including Facebook, Twitter Instagram, Blogs, YouTube, etc.
- Ability to prepare content for press releases and publications.
- Understanding of the role of advocacy work and communication in development.
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of professional ethics and respect for diversity.
- Demonstrate understanding of the intersection of health and human rights.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects the cultural environment in which a person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate against persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills with demonstrated competency in public speaking.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.