Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Our organization occupies the lead role in the Nigerian energy sector. With decades of experience and operations in the downstream sector, we offer high performance products to support the growing downstream market. Our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by consistent investments in technology and innovations to address our consumer needs.
Looking for a candidate with vast experience in downstream technical, commercial finance aspect of downstream operations including refining, marketing, tank farm management and administration, Pipelines, transportation and petrochemicals.
Seeking a Senior Downstream Advisor for Strategy & Market Analysis function. This strategy role advises Corporate and Executive Management on strategic matters related to the Downstream business, and guides the development of the client’s Downstream strategy and investment plan. The role covers Downstream areas such as chemicals, refining, retail, fuels and trading.
- Advise and guide the development of Downstream strategic goals and plans to the CEO and members of Corporate and Executive Management.
- Act as a focal point for Downstream strategies with the Downstream business, guiding strategic and business planning and ensuring business strategies are aligned with Corporate strategies.
- Conduct strategic fit assessments and analyses for downstream projects and business development opportunities as well as advise in setting strategic direction and contributing to the Company’s investment plan.
- Review Downstream’s operating plan and contribute to annual business plan refresh to ensure its alignment with the Company’s strategy.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including decision makers in the Downstream business as well as external stakeholders including consultancies, industry experts, and leading organizations.
- Represent the company at relevant internal and external conferences and seminars and preparing presentations.
- Monitor developments in the Downstream sector and recommend actions.
- Benchmark Downstream’s performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant companies in the region and around the world.
- Initiate research and studies on topics that could impact Downstream’s competitive advantage, preparing analyses and presentations for Corporate and Executive Management and various Committees.
- The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in the Downstream petroleum industry with consulting experience in a major international consulting firm.
- Experience in at least two of the following Downstream areas: Chemicals, refining, retail and fuels, and trading.
- The candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related disciplines from a top-tier institution. In addition, relevant graduate degree is highly desirable.
- Global or multi-national business experience with developed multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Must have experience developing and delivering strategic insights, investment and market analysis, and business strategies for a major integrated downstream business.
- Experience presenting to Corporate and Executive Management, Board of Directors and wider audiences.
- Must have a proven ability to build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver business strategies and plans is desirable.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions in the Downstream sector is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially with Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills are essential.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs, with a passport photograph, to: email@example.com