Assistant Project Officer at Millard Fuller Foundation
Posted on: 11 July, 2018
Deadline: 25 July, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Millard Fuller Foundation
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Nigeria is one of the largest countries in Africa and boasts the continent’s largest population. The northern half of the country is predominantly Muslim and the south predominantly Christian. The country has the world’s 8th largest oil reserve, which is both a blessing and a curse. The oil fields generate great wealth, but where there is wealth there is often jealousy and corruption, so the benefits of this national asset do not greatly benefit the population.
Assistant Project Officer
Location: Masaka, Nasarawa
Job Type: Contract (Renewable)
Job Field: Building and Construction
- On-site supervision of teams of artisans working on building construction from ground breaking to completion within an allocated area of houses, facilities or infrastructure.
- Planning and allocation of tasks in an effective manner in order to get the highest quality housing and infrastructure in accordance to the MFF standards.
- Responsible for the execution of construction tasks in accordance to the drawings and work descriptions.
- Responsible for the request of materials (MRF) and transfer/coordination to the Project Officer-Distribution.
- Responsible for a clean and secure environment within his allocated area of responsibility.
- Report failures, gaps or training needs directly to the Project Officer (PO).
- Review work progress on an hourly and daily basis to ensure completion of daily work tasks.
- Furnish the PO with valuable information that would enhance quality decision making.
- Resolve conflicts among artisans amicably
- Motivate the team to achieve set goals in accordance to the required quality and quantity.
- Perform every other duty as may be assigned by the Project Officer
- B.Sc/HND in Architecture/Civil Engineering/Quantity Surveying
- Ability to think methodically, and interpret specifications and dimensions
- Must be smart and agile
- Must be analytical and meticulous with good communication skills
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in project management and construction
- Project Management certification would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Millard Fuller Foundation career website on mffhousing.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Millard Fuller Foundation
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Warehouse/Procurement Manager at Millard Fuller Foundation
- Know More About Millard Fuller FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Project Manager at Baker Hughes
- WASH Project Manager at Solidarites International
- Customer Experience Project Manager at Jumia Nigeria
- Senior Specialist - Safeguard at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Project Officer at British High Commission
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Project Manager - ECHO at Plan International
- Regional Project Manager at UNICEF