Barge Mechanics at Primus Group
Posted on: 11 July, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Primus Group
Primus was duly incorporated in Nigeria (RC No. 19811) under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990.
We are an established Engineering, Technical Services and Consultancy business providing quality service, technical and commercial support to the energy sector.
Following our inception in 1976, we have executed and managed a variety of complex projects for various renowned clients using our workforce and technical partners. We have up to 120 employees working onsite and subcontracted to our clients. Our success over the years has been attributed to our people and through our outstanding relationship with our clients and the communities from where we operate.
- To follow guidelines / procedures and schedules for the maintenance and check out of all mechanical equipment and systems.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of the electrical, fuel, water, sewage, hydraulic and pneumatic systems aboard. Preventative maintenance and repair for the barge's cranes,
- compressors, work winches, anchor winches and abandon-ship systems.
- During pipeline operation will operate and maintain tension devices, conveyors, track shoes, davits, winches and hydraulic pumps.
- Will maintain equipment logs, barge ballast / fuel / oil / water inventories and reports.
- Follows a training and safety programme and attends regular safety meetings within his group.
- To carry out such tasks / duties which may be assigned by his supervisor(s).
- To be aware of mechanical equipment downtime implications.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The position requires a minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Barge Mechanic.
- Should have mechanical experience with emphasis on operation and maintenance of heavy diesel engines. Required to have working knowledge of boilers, water desalination units, deck
- and derrick cranes, anchor winches, and generators. Pipeline operation requires individual to be knowledgeable of hydraulic systems relative to the operation of conveyors and tension
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
- Recent Jobs from Primus Group
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Offshore Construction Planner at Primus Group
- Work Pack Preparator at Primus Group
- Barge Administrator at Primus Group
- Bardge Foreman at Primus Group
- Barge Superintendent at Primus Group
- Know More About Primus GroupSimilar Jobs
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer at Sunray Ventures
- Senior Geophysicist (Expat) at Onstream Group
- Electrician at Equip and Logistics Services Limited
- General Manager, Technical at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Mechanical Engineer at Sparkling Synergy Limited (SSFL)
- Electrical - Electronic Engineer at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Mechanical Engineer at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Local Extrusion Supervisor at Janchine Nigeria Limited