Tenece Professional Services Limited ('Tenece') is a multi-competency enterprise transformation and technology-consulting firm that combines expertise and capabilities across many industries and business functions to deliver superior value to its clients. Tenece collaborates with its clients, both in the private and public sectors, to build high performance enterprises.
The Treasury/Payables Accountant is an important role at Tenece. The T/P Accountant will make payments based on the daily operation demands. The T/P Accountant would be in charge of preparing the daily requests for cash and sending to the appropriate authority for review and approval. The T/P Accountant would also be responsible for posting of bank entries, monthly bank reconciliations, reconciliation of the payables ledger and accompanying schedules, ensure accuracy and completeness of the payables schedule and other payables ledger such as VAT payables, PAYE, Pension, NHF and so on.
- Prepare daily payment instructions and manage bank (both local and foreign currency) transactions.
- Daily and accurate posting of transactions into the accounting software.
- Prepare WHT and VAT payable schedules, liaise with team members to ensure remittance of statutory deductions.
- Manage and protect the financial information and sensitive documents.
- Respond to financial inquiries by promptly presenting accurate schedules which correspond to financial records.
- Prepare and maintain easy to understand schedules.
- Any other relatable task as required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Up to 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fresh graduates who have completed NYSC are welcome to apply but MUST have First degree in Accounting or be at the skills stage of ICAN/ACCA.
- Not older than 27 years of age by next birthday
- Basic knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards is a must.
- The individual must be computer literate and have knowledge of a computer based accounting system and Microsoft office tools with strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to take responsibility
- Must be accountable and have a great sense of job ownership
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to work as a member of a team and also work with minimal supervision
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below