If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Bridge believes every child has the right to high quality education and works in partnership with governments, communities, parents and teachers to deliver education to over 100,000 children in underserved communities across Africa and Asia.
Bridge leverages in-depth teacher training and support, advanced lesson plans and wireless technology to provide pupils with a meaningful and life-changing education.
Globally, there is an education crisis. Around 263 million children and young people are not in school and the number of primary school aged children not in school is increasing. Bridge is committed to helping tackle this through a data driven, evidence based approach that delivers strong schools and a great education for all.
Public Relations Associate
Location: Based outside Lagos
- The Public Relations Associate will assist the Public Relations Manager to execute effective communication of our media relations programs while developing brand awareness. In a nut shell your job is to make Bridge famous.
What You Will Do:
- Implement and execute strategic PR programs to achieve significant increases in brand awareness
- Source opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations
- Manage relationships with key business journalists in national and trade publications
- Identify media trends, news cycles and spin opportunities
- Proactively manage editorial calendars.
What You Should Have:
- 2-4 years relevant experience in public relations and communications
- Established relationships with general business, consumer and entertainment trade press/analyst/blogger communities and the Government
- Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
- A strong-sense of teamwork and ability to both manage and execute programs
- Knowledge of international publications and opportunities is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid writing and editing skills
- B.Sc/BA in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related discipline.
Skills and other pluses:
- Proficiency with basic computer and PR applications including :
- Google Docs and News Alerts, MS Office Apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Additional technology prowess given priority (WordPress, videoblogging)
- Voracious reader of books, news and magazines
- Avid consumer of news, politics, entertainment and pop culture
- Strong personal interest in political science, business issues or public policy
- A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done, with at least 5 years of post-graduate school experience. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind - You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network in Nigeria from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver - Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate - Our customers - these families living on less than $2 a day per person - never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner - You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.