If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Talent Partnerships Manager
Locations: Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya
About the Talent Partnerships Manager Role
- You will be responsible for leading, building, and maintaining Andela’s talent partnerships programs and initiatives internally and externally. This is aimed at scaling our learning programs and reaching our goal of supporting 100,000 aspiring developers on the continent.
Leadership and Performance Culture:
- You are a visionary, a 360 degree leader, and extremely passionate about investing in your team, coaching others and maintaining a high performance culture.
- You not only do an excellent job of hearing what people say and understanding the underlying sentiments and concerns, but are also capable of making people so comfortable that they are willing to open up to you.
Strategy and innovation:
- You are able to see the big picture at all touch points. I.e the future opportunities and challenges, and mobilize other Andelans to address these far in advance.
- Your ingenuity and problem solving mastery help the team you will be leading identify ways to attract, identify, and empower aspiring African technologists.
- You are an innovator at heart - never satisfied with the status quo.
- You thrive in an environment that sees innovation and creativity as a powerful tool for extraordinary global impact.
Driving Business Changes:
- You are business minded.
- You are someone that understands the ALC’s mission and vision, needs, and problems and help define ways to track, measure and optimize to meet business goals and outcomes.
Passion and Contribution to African Developer Ecosystem:
- You are excited by the idea of empowering aspiring technologists across Africa to accelerate learning at scale by leveraging internal partnerships as well as with top global tech companies.
- You are drawn to technology as a powerful tool for change and are an effective, proactive orator of opinions on tech communities in Africa.
- Manage, coach and mentor a strong high-performing team.
- Collaborate closely with the Talent Development pre-fellowship department and other key stakeholders to understand the vision, needs and problems and why the Partnerships team is super critical to Andela as a business.
- Lead, manage and work closely with the team to define a clear roadmap of one or more solutions that enable us to track, measure and optimize learning and define the pathway for the Andela Learning Community (ALC) into Andela.
- Work closely with the partnerships team and the broader talent development pre-fellowship team to understand the current systems, metrics and workflow and get up to speed on existing initiatives and programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with our partners, internal and external stakeholders, and vendors at all levels in our programs.
- Work closely with the expansion team, Country Directors, Directory and VP of Talent Development on how we can extend the Andela Learning Community into other countries.
- Create effective, scalable, and easy to understand reporting solutions. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
As the ideal candidates for this role you should have:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant managerial experience and strong leadership skills.
- Deep understanding of the Africa Developer Ecosystem will be a plus (other notable community experience will be accepted).
- Understanding of how to leverage technology and build scalable systems, programs, and team without compromising quality.
- Experience building, maintaining, and finding partnership opportunities
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organization.
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided at the office daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.