- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Product Manager at Eaton
Posted on: 14 May, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Eaton
Eaton is a power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. A global technology leader, Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in November 2012. The 2012 revenue of the combined companies was $21.8 billion on a pro forma basis. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Product Manager is a key member of the Eaton Product Management team and will be responsible for all electrical products and solutions offerings and mapping client business requirements to systems/technical requirements supporting the West Africa region.
- Provide Technical Solution offerings to the Sales Department Africa-wide.
- Collaborate with Account Managers and product management teams in South Africa and EMEA to ensure that technically correct, accurate quotations are submitted for solutions offered. Present solution offerings to End users, Partner and Consultants.
- Assist locally with the product launches and solutions drive into the West African region.
- Share best practices and be a consultant to clients throughout duration of any project or sale
- Produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements
- Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional design
- Participate in training, design, documentation and delivery efforts in concert with the entire team
- Participate and lead, when needed, project meetings with the customer
- Participate in pre-sales and sales activities
- Maintain and Grow relationships with the chosen Partners and Consultants.
- Develop customer relations and show Eatons complete product and solutions offering and commitment to Life Safety.
- Prepare solution offerings for turnkey solutions, Offering Partners both new and existing products but not limited to Safety.
- Support the Account Managers with technical queries and quotations
- Assist with Events and Trade shows on a technical basis
- Provide training where required
- Streamline processes and systems wherever possible, and advise senior management.
- Should adopt the Eaton Business System and adopt Eaton Values and Ethics
- Must effectively collaborate with external and internal customers and work toward instilling trust with customers to build strong long term relationships and drive for results to grow the business.
- Must be an individual that shows personal commitment to constant improvement through lessons learnt from experience as well as through others and structured learning.
- 10 years or more experience in the electrical products and solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of both installation and manufacturing standards (EN).
- Extensive experience with all aspects of customer relationship management, project management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment.
- Knowledge of local market and competition
- Results/goals orientated
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Diploma
- Proven Solutions consulting experience in large enterprises
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Knowledge service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- We make what matters work. Everywhere you lookfrom the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every dayyoull find one thing in common. It all relies on power. Thats why Eaton is dedicated to improving peoples lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
- We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. Were ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and were committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Eaton career website on jobs.eaton.com to apply
- Know More About EatonSimilar Jobs
- Offline Marketing Intern at Transsnet Financial
- Channel Partner Executive (LTE) at e.Stream Networks (Nigeria) Limited
- Corporate Sales Executive (LTE) at e.Stream Networks (Nigeria) Limited
- Team Lead, LTE Sales at e.Stream Networks (Nigeria) Limited
- Business Development/Marketing Executive (Event Centre) at Stresert Services Limited
- Marketing Manager at Cheki Nigeria
- Business Analyst at Finance Life Technologies Limited
- Sales and Distribution Lead (Detergents) at Pivotage Consulting