EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our collaborative culture supports the personal and professional success of each individual. Learn more about who we are, what we do and how to achieve your potential by visiting: http://www.ey.com/about
VP Business Development
The VP Business Development’s primary role is to drive growth for clients, the account team and the overall firm. You should be focused and have a consultative client approach with good negotiation skills. Strong ability to maintain & leverage on high level of acceptability with clients (promoters/ CXOs) & internal stakeholders. Focusing on Accounts, the VP conducts rigorous account planning and management and works with an account team to drive relationships across the client’s organization to ensure client satisfaction. This includes leveraging the Firm’s key initiatives and cross-functional services for new business opportunities within the account.
The VP Business Development will be accountable for revenue growth, higher win rates, market share enhancement, client satisfaction and quality assurance procedures for the account.
S/he will lead the entire pursuit and proposal process on their accounts. In the process, s/he will actively contribute to enhance the brand of the Business Development Team and the organization at large.
Focus on 'Alternative' routes to market - for next generation of products & services with a keen client need assessment aptitude - developing large enterprise relationships.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Own the business development/pursuit process and generate revenue month on month from the identified accounts.
- Lead in hunting, formulating the account strategy and executing the plan
- Work with the Client Service Partner and participate throughout the Client and Engagement Life Cycle.
- Deploy the firm’s tools and methodologies to drive effective client encounters
- Share knowledge and leading practices within the Area and the Firm
- Conduct the following client facing activities:
- Initiate, build and sustain client relationships
- Negotiate and participate in pricing strategy
- Resolve concerns
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Pursue new business opportunities
- Conduct the following internal activities:
- Develop account strategy and plan
- Conduct account team meetings and provide coaching
- Manage business development efforts
- Own and manage the pipeline
- Hunt for new accounts, work with business operations to oversee the development of proposals, touchpoint campaigns and direct and lead account coordinators on their assigned accounts
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant and current experience of and credibility in the marketplace
- Demonstrable track record selling complex projects or services aligned to client issues or growth agendas
- Ability to devise and position propositions to a client – articulating and capturing value
- Solid B2B selling experience and capability, involving management of multiple stakeholders, often within a long sales cycle
- Experience of a team‐based model of business development, working with specialists to co-develop client needs and consistently deliver results
- A minimum of 15+ years of business development experience in the professional services and/or solutions arena
- Significant track record of successfully owning, driving development of, and managing complex accounts
- Current network of senior contacts in the marketplace
- Strong understanding of key industry drivers and how these impact on client accounts
- Ability to deal with complex organisations in order to navigate and influence across a partnership structure; experience of a partnership culture / consulting environment would be beneficial
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders both across EY’s leadership and in client organisations
- Experience coaching others in a business development environment
- Educated to degree level; advanced degree would be beneficial
- Excellent relationship building skills, with the ability to utilise relationships to uncover and develop opportunities
- A high degree of perception, with the ability to read people and an ability to communicate a message effectively
- Ability to quickly understand complex products and broad service offerings
- An opportunistic mindset and ability to quickly promote realization of opportunities in the relevant market sector
- Ability to work autonomously and strategically
- Highly developed influencing skills to gain access to the breadth of the client organisation, and influence internally in EY in support of business development objectives and meeting clients’ needs
- A cerebral, focused and consultative approach to business development activity
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.