Paediatric Nurse at Lily Hospitals Limited
Posted on: 21 February, 2018
Deadline: 28 February, 2018
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Lily Hospitals Limited
Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the Formost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
Location: Warri, Delta
Type: Full Time
- The role is responsible for the daily functional operation of the pediatrics unit, delivery of patient /customer quality care, staff development and continuous quality improvement activities.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Perform professional nursing care to patient admitted in the pediatrics unit.
- Make recommendations to the matron/CNO concerning procedure or policy modifications when necessary and inform department staff of any new procedure or policy implementation introduced by the units’ administration.
- Supervise nursing officers and assistants to ensure that they follow paediatricians’ prescriptions in the administration of medication and other therapeutic procedures.
- Monitor workflow of nursing officers and assistants in order to regularly evaluate their performance.
- Coordinate, evaluate and supervise employees in the provision of patient care.
- Responsible for administering budget, staffing the unit and overseeing staff training.
- Maintain skill and knowledge by participating in various nurse education programs, seminars, staff meetings and workshops.
- Administrative Duties
- Ensure proper documentation of nursing care on chart forms, birth certificates and computer.
Health and Safety:
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with Lily hospitals’ health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members of staff.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Midwife(RM), Registered Paediatrics Nurse, Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.NSc).
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice as Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife,Registered Paediatrics Nurse.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Word Doc CV's to: email@example.com using the job title as subject of mail
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for interview (please provide an active mobile number in your CV).
- Interview will be written and oral.
- Applications sent after the closing date will NOT be honoured.
- Recent Jobs from Lily Hospitals Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Family Medicine Junior Registrar at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Consultant, Anaesthetist at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Internal Audit Personnel at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Know More About Lily Hospitals LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Laboratory Technician at St Kizito Clinic
- Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW) at St Kizito Clinic
- Registered Staff Nurse/Midwife at St Kizito Clinic
- SSA Vaccines Medical Manager at GlaxoSmithKline
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Senior Malaria Specialist at Malaria Consortium
- Nutrition Officer at Save The Children
- Senior Medical Officer II (KDUMESS 03) at KolaDaisi University