Manager, Legislative Affairs at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 12 January, 2018
Deadline: 18 January, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Manager, Legislative Affairs
- Provide regulatory guidance and support on various business issues, input into regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and future impact of new regulatory policies and legislation on MTN N operation in line with best practices.
- Provide input and guidance into proposed regulatory policies/ legislation ensuring that MTN N’s interest is taken into account.
- Draft and manage interconnects agreements and prepare capacity leasing agreements with incumbent operators and new entrants.
- Influence the telecommunications sector competitive policies to attain a level playing field as well as monitor compliance with interconnect agreement and all interconnect related issues in the industry.
- Review prepared infrastructure sharing guidelines/ agreements and national and international roaming agreements.
- Research and identify new ways to generate revenue, as well as cost saving opportunities arising from competitive or regulatory developments.
- Monitor and update MTNN on developments; bills, new policies, within the legislative/ regulatory arena; and follow up with regulatory authorities on submissions and other regulatory issues.
- Manage relationship with Regulatory authorities and make presentations to key stakeholders such as Regulatory Agencies, National Assembly and other relevant fora. .
- Support management and advice MTN N on interconnects agreements/relationship, licence conditions and compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department
- Standard Working Condition
- Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- LLB or other recognized law degree
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization with experience in supervising/managing others
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Experience in a commercial legal environment, alternatively within a legal & regulatory control body
- Experience within the telecommunication environment is desirable
- Courses, Seminars, Conferences & workshops in Telecommunication Regulation
- Management Development Program
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
TO VIEW THE SALARIES OF MTN NIGERIA, CLICK HERE
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Manager, Corporate Transaction at MTN Nigeria
- Project Implementation Manager, Facilities at MTN Nigeria
- Regional Security Coordinator at MTN Nigeria
- New Media Officer at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, State & Local Government Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, State & Local Government Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Public Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Legislative Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Fraud System Analyst at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Information Management at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Directorate of Army Public Relations at Nigerian Army
- Content Developer at Precise Lighting
- Brand Ambassador/Beauty Advisor (BA) at Dufry Duty Free Ltd
- Digital Marketing Specialist at Fadac Resources
- Brand Strategist/Visual Designer Intern at DODO Design Agency
- Corporate Communications Lead at KPMG
- Brand Manager at Walk In Solutions
- e-Commerce Co-ordinator/Customer Service Executive at Tech Semantics Limited