If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Have you been looking for an opportunity to apply your skills for social good and community development?
Why don’t you consider joining Education as a Vaccine?
Education as a Vaccine is a non-governmental youth focused organization that works in partnership with children and young people to advance their rights to health and protection from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
My Question and Answer service was developed to challenge the socio-cultural context, which limits young people’s ability to ask and discuss sexual and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS issues. My Question provides a mechanism for young people to ask questions on SRHR issues through voice calls, text messages, email and a website interface. My Answer is a platform that engages and motivates young people to seek information, learn and win prizes on a monthly SRH quiz competition.
Key Task and Responsibilities:
Respond to Questions
- Respond by providing answers to at least 100 SMS questions sent in by adolescents and young people every day
- Attend to hotline and provide counseling to adolescents and young people, who call the phone for a minimum of at least 3 hours per day.
- Respond to questions and queries from the website and facebook page
- Support the updating of the Facebook page and website with content every week
- Improve knowledge and counseling capacity by completing at least one e-learning course monthly on the Global E-Learning Platform.
- Seek for clarification or pose questions to senior counselors through Skype or what'sapp group created.
Marketing of the Service
- Contribute to the development of a marketing strategy for the service
- Support the implementation of the marketing strategy within locality and other sites as designated by the project coordinator
- Seek out unique opportunities to promote the my Question and Answer service to young people between the ages of 10-24 years.
- Represent the My Q and A service at external meetings and programs as designated by the project coordinator
- Support tracking of the implementation of the marketing strategy in states by collating reports from the focal persons
- Support the generation of program monthly reports for the hotline and/or SMS components
- Support the program coordinator in the development of project budgets
- Support in the financial management of project resources
- Track and report on project progress and outcome using the organization's monitoring and evaluation tools
- Source for new funding opportunities and contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers for the project.
- Handle any other task or responsibility assigned by the Program Coordinator, Program manager or ED.
- At least 15,000 SMS messages received on the platform monthly with gender and geographic balance.
- At least 300 full calls received on the hotline monthly.
- At least 200 new Facebook "likes" received per quarter.
- At least 20 individual questions received on Facebook every week.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Sciences, Microbiology, Biology, Public Health or any other related course with at least one 1 year working experience.
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Can work under intense pressure without losing focus.
- Strong skills in time management and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and can work with minimum supervision
- Excellent Oral communication skills
- Can work with a team to deliver positive results
- Strongly believes in and willing to uphold human rights values and positive youth development
- Have a full command and up to date knowledge of Hausa Language
Time Requirement: Full time with a minimum of 45 hours a week.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit your application on or before 20th November, 2017