If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Reference Number: ABI41
Work Level: Junior Management
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Brewing Specialist will:
- Manage Occupational Health, Safety, Risk And Environment
- Provide Technical Expertise by Interrogating production process, control documentation and actual performance to ensure that the process is operating to the written standards.
- Conduct analysis to identify deviations and implement recommendations to correct.
- Implement and audit brewing standards
- Optimise plant availability and process outputs.
- Identify problems or potential problems and facilitate problem solving and decision making
- Optimise team performance by facilitating team dynamics & implementing performance management;
- Support the team leaders in self and team development
- Ensure voyage plant optimisation is entrenched and GEM assessment conducted
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Min - Bachelor of Science in Food Technology or equivalents ( Biochemistry, Microbiology or other applied sciences)
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years’ Experience in brewing process operations
- Diploma in Brewing (IBD) will be an added advantage
Key competencies and attributes:
- Prior Experience in analysing and improving beer production
- Flexible and able to deal with emergency
- Methodical, logical and detail oriented
- Understanding of process control within a brewing/process environment
- Assertive and analytical
- Proven leadership ability
- Good understanding of the principles and techniques of problem solving
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.