SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Reference Number: ABI41
Work Level: Junior Management
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Brewing Specialist will:
- Manage Occupational Health, Safety, Risk And Environment
- Provide Technical Expertise by Interrogating production process, control documentation and actual performance to ensure that the process is operating to the written standards.
- Conduct analysis to identify deviations and implement recommendations to correct.
- Implement and audit brewing standards
- Optimise plant availability and process outputs.
- Identify problems or potential problems and facilitate problem solving and decision making
- Optimise team performance by facilitating team dynamics & implementing performance management;
- Support the team leaders in self and team development
- Ensure voyage plant optimisation is entrenched and GEM assessment conducted
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Min - Bachelor of Science in Food Technology or equivalents ( Biochemistry, Microbiology or other applied sciences)
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years’ Experience in brewing process operations
- Diploma in Brewing (IBD) will be an added advantage
Key competencies and attributes:
- Prior Experience in analysing and improving beer production
- Flexible and able to deal with emergency
- Methodical, logical and detail oriented
- Understanding of process control within a brewing/process environment
- Assertive and analytical
- Proven leadership ability
- Good understanding of the principles and techniques of problem solving
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.