Officer, Public Relations (Events & Sponsorship) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 9 November, 2017
Deadline: 15 November, 2017
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Officer, Public Relations (Events & Sponsorship)
- To initiate events that create enthusiasm about MTN and provide an avenue for communicating and reinforcing our corporate brand values
- To Identify cogent sponsorship opportunities
- Review resource needs for the department, propose budget to top management and monitor approved budget, estimating budget for upcoming events and venue proposals.
- Participate in planning corporate services events and in the execution of corporate services programs and projects as may be directed, ensuring associated goals and targets are met in responsible manner.
- Assist, as directed, in undertaking research, analysis and production/generation of reports to enable management make informed decisions in relation to the operations of the Corporate Communications Department.
- Actively build networks with key industry players and relevant government functionaries to create a positive identification with MTNN’s brand.
- As directed, participate in the organisation and facilitation of all activities in relation to corporate gifts and awards, coordinating quarterly corporate gifts exhibitions.
- Identify cogent sponsorship opportunities and analyse the benefits for MTNN, following through on sponsorships provided by the company.
- Liaise with embassies/ agencies (including MTN Group) partnering with MTNN on events (e.g RSA freedom day celebrations), developing relationship with MTNN’s Local Special Publics (LSPs) such as the academia, scientists etc.
- Create an environment that optimally promotes understanding, goodwill and support for MTNN operations and the entire telecom industry by all stakeholders.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
- Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in project coordination or project/events management.
- Should have some cross-functional role relationship/networking and interpersonal skills.
- Project management
- Management Development Programme
- Function Specific training
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Manager, Global Accounts Management at MTN Nigeria
- Officer, Public Relations (Media Relations) at MTN Nigeria
- Commercial Legal Advisor at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Graphics Designer at Exolve Technologies Limited
- E-Commerce Web Master at Banksome Group of Companies
- Senior Media Manager at CWAY Foods and Beverages Nigeria
- Copywriter at Richbrands Group
- Manager, Fashion and Influencer Marketing at Jumia Nigeria
- English Personalized Internet Assessor - Nigeria at Lionbridge
- Head of Corporate Communications at Fula Real Estate
- Video Editor at AIM Consultants